Chapter 7

DOMINIC

The door opened to reveal Sasha and Axel, their hands laced together to show their new unity.

"Leave us," I barked at Axel, who flinched, but remained still.

"You want me to watch, right?" He said quietly, his eyes on the floor. "I'm not leaving her with you."

I lifted my eyebrows, flabbergasted that my beta would continue to disrespect me so.

My eyes met Sasha's, her chest heaving as she met my eyes.

"Tell your mate to leave, Sasha, before I rip his throat out and fuck him in it." I smiled, examining her ample cleavage with interest.

Axel moved forward, but Sasha put her hand on his chest, shaking her head as she gazed at him.

"Go, Axel," she commanded, and Axel flung open the door, nearly snapping it off his hinges as it slammed behind him.

"What the fuck is his problem?" I laughed, motioning to the chair in front of my desk.

"I'll stand." Sasha whispered.

"So, tell me, Sasha, what happened to the unbreakable bond between you and my brother?"

Her eyes faded, her jaw clenching as she blinked furiously.

"As I recall, Alpha, you banished him."

"But this? What would dear Dante say to this? You and Axel, his cousin?"

I sank into the red leather armchair, watching as Sasha racked her brain to try to think of a suitable response.

"I thought it would be you and me, Sash," I said softly. "You did too."

"Stop it, Dominic," she whispered. "Nothing worked out the way we planned."

I examined her, deciding that she was every inch as beautiful as the day I'd met her all those years ago as a pup.

"How did you plan it?" I snapped, slamming my hands on the table. "Do tell me what your plans were, Sasha."

Her eyes flashed with anger as she spoke to me through gritted teeth. "I wanted to be a warrior for this pack, I wanted to serve my Alpha."

"And?" I drawled, rising to my feet.

"I wanted you to be my mate," she admitted, her eyes glazing over.

I folded my arms, pursing my lips as I walked around her, her scent still as tantalising as the first time.

"I wanted you to be mine," I confessed. "But the Moon Goddess had other ideas for you."

"Dante," she murmured, nodding slowly.

I thought back to her mating ceremony, the way it felt when Dante locked eyes with my secret girlfriend.

It was frowned upon to be in a relationship before you met your mate, so we kept it secret. We were beyond close, the sex was off the charts. I was convinced she would be mine, despite me not feeling the mate bond when I was eighteen.

I had hoped it would happen when she became eighteen, despite all the odds.

Then at her mating ceremony, she'd dropped the glass of champagne, her hand flying to her mouth in horror.

"It was out of my control, Dominic."

"You were his, and then the title of Alpha was too?" I growled as she trembled, bowing her head. "Can you blame me for banishing him?"