[thirty five]

"Harry, are you okay," Jo says, pulling my wheelchair off my now throbbing legs.

And the award for the most embarrassing f*cking moment goes to..

"I'm fine," I tell her, rolling myself over so that I can hoist myself up and get out of here.

"Let me just.."

"I said I'm fine!"

"But.." She reaches her hands out.

"Don't touch me," I shout at her firmly, finally making her back away a few steps.

"Harry..what the h*ll happened," I hear Zayn say, coming over from across the street.

"I fell," I tell him lamely, trying to act like Jo isn't standing right next to me.

Seeing Jo was something I hadn't fully mentally prepared for just yet. I was planning on doing that now, yet here she comes out of nowhere. I hadn't figured out how I was going to play this. Angry? Over it? Pretend I didn't know her?

"Give me your hand I'll.." Jo begins to say to me,reaching down to help me.

"I got it," I snap again, fixing my chair to a position that'll be easier for me to slide in.

"Only you Styles," Zayn laughs,"Only you would fall out of a goddamn wheelchair."

He's at my side after leisurely walking over to me, avoiding the cupcakes spread about the grass. Jo looks a little hurt when Zayn reaches out his hand and I take it, letting him help me get back into my chair.

"Oh hey you're.." Zayn says looking at Jo, clearly recognizing her from the pictures.

"Just my neighbor," I finish for him, I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing I still had pictures of her.

"Yea," Jo smiles at Zayn, who returns the smile.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Zayn,"He tells her reaching his hand out.

"Jo," She smiles, shaking his hand.

It bothered me..even though Zayn had no idea who Jo was or what she's done it was annoying to see them smile at each. To see her smile at him like that.

I decided I'd play it like I was over it, so i simply wheel myself as quickly as I can back into the house, knowing my mom was about to be pissed I just ruined all those cupcakes. I'm sure she'd be angrier seeing Jo trying to talk to me.

"Harry why are you covered in grass and frosting?" My mom asks her eyes wide, a bag of frosting in her hand.

"I fell..I dropped all the cupcakes," I tell her without a second thought, I can here Zayn coming in through the door after me, I turn my head to see him still smiling.

"You what?" She sighs, looking completely exhausted.

"They're f*cking cupcakes mom get over it..glad to know what's more important here," I huff, not bothering to hear what I know she'll say, so I head straight for the stairs.

Falling and seeing Jo..this was definitely a sign that today just wasn't happening for me.

Completely ignoring my mothers words, I head back down the hall and the front door opens, in walking Zayn.

"You okay Harry?" He asks me, turning around to look outside one last time before shutting the front door. My jaw hardens knowing he's looking back at her.

"I'm fine."

"Where' you going?"

"Upstairs," I say to him readying myself into the lift.

"Wait..you're neighbor, she asked me to give this to you," Zayn says to me, pulling something out of his back pocket.

"Keep it," I say, trying to hide the slight jealousy I had stupidly felt watching Zayn smile at her.

"What?" He laughs, looking confused.

I push the button, making the lift move at its incredibly slow pace.

"You're really not going to look at it?" Zayn says to me, his eyes watching me rise higher and higher.

"Just throw it away," I say, the lift finally stopping on the second floor. I immediately wheel myself into my bedroom, slamming the door behind me.

My bedroom looks slightly unfamiliar with all of Zayn's bags and a few of his shirts sprawled about the room covering my desk chair, and standing lamp. I switch on the light, the faint smell of weed sprouts a headache making me feel even sh*ttier.

Before I can decide what to do, my bedroom door opens, in sauntering Zayn.

"Is..everything okay?" Zayn asks, walking over to sit on my bed.

"Yea..I just..I don't want to be downstairs right now..you know how my mom gets," I say, knowing it's only partially true.

"I mean is everything okay with you and your neighbor?"

"She's just my neighbor."

"Then here," He says, pulling the now slightly dented piece of paper, handing it out to me. I look at him, before snatching it and wheeling closer to my desk covered in Zayn's hair sh*t, tossing the paper down before I tempt myself into opening it.

"Is your girlfriend coming," Zayn asks with a smirk.

"She said she was."

"Hmm, interesting," He comments, smiling.

"What?" I ask a little annoyed.

"Nothing," He laughs.

"I'm not in the mood.." I warn him,"..you have something to say, say it."

"I just think it's wild how back home you always gave me sh*t for having a side piece.."

"What the f*ck are you talking about?"I interrupt him.

"You just asked Annette, quite lamely I may add, to be your girlfriend right?"

Zayn circles around, now standing near me and the desk, his hands clasped behind his back, as if ready to do something.

"Yes you easy dropping douche."

Before I can react, Zayn grabs my folder, opening it before sifting through to pull out several photographs. All of them Jo is either wearing clothes that hardly qualify, in her bra and underwear, or straight up naked. They weren't taken as means of being pornographic, these pictures just showed who Jo was..she didn't care. She was care free and not even clothes could confine her.

"Yet here you are with a folder full of half naked f*cking pictures of your neighbor who you're coincidentally acting hostile towards for no reason," He says, holding up each photo one by one in front of my face before I snatch them from him.

"It's not for no reason alright..is that what you want to here?"

"I'm not even trying to say anything!" he surprises me by laughing,"Look I just wanted to see if you were okay, and I come up here and here you are with a stick up your ass."

"You're just trying to p*ss me off is what you're doing," I can't help but say. I know Zayn and he isn't that kinda guy..he's not about subtleties..he's blunt. I just needed someone to yell at and Zayn just so happen to be here.

"Just leave me alone," I add.

"You're going to stay here all day?" He questions.

"Yes because I'm tired of stupid f*cking people and their assumptions..now get out."

"Fine..I'll bring you cupcake. Oh what you dropped them all you little f*cking klutz," Zayn says, trying to look angry and serious, but I know he doesn't even care. He's just the brush it off type..he knew I'd be over it soon anyway.

"Have fun jacking off to your little neighbor," He cackles, throwing open the door.

He takes a step, still laughing before his face goes pale, and serious, his eyes widening, realizing what he had just just said..or maybe it was who had been standing on the other side to hear it.