[three]

[Please vote/comment. It really helps me & I appreciate it]

The ride to the farmers market should be short, only being about twenty-five minutes away from my house. But me being me, I get lost, taking the wrong turns until I finally just decide to go to the grocery store first since I somehow ended up on Marv Ave.

I secure my bike to the rack outside the small family owned grocery store, with the old lock I haven't used since junior high. The store doesn't seem too busy seeing as it's a beautiful day out, most people out enjoying it. I purchase the three chicken breasts my mom requested before deciding on treating myself to a bottled Coke and a bag of Munchies Cheetos.

"That's a nice camera," The older man working the cash register says as he scans my items.

"Thanks," I say pulling out my money.

"My daughter has one just like it, she loves taking pictures and all that," He says putting my money into the register,"Have a good day now."

"You too," I say, stuffing the chicken into my backpack in a way I know would make my mother cringe if she were here to see. But honestly, where else am I suppose to keep this raw chicken? I don't have some frilly basket on my bike to help carry all this stuff my mom wants me picking up.

I sit on the curb of the grocery store after cracking the top lid of my coke off, opening my bag of chips. I'm pretty sure a bowl of Cherrios, Cheetos and Coke isn't exactly what my mom had in mind when she told me to feed myself. But this is what you get when you leave me to fiend for my own meal, the easiest, simplest, junkiest foods will suffice.

Once my Cheeto bag is empty, and my fingers stained red from the chile powder, I throw out my garbage into the nearest can on the way to my bike deciding it's time to go to the farmers market. I stop to take a picture of the grocery store noting how old fashioned it looks, reeking of personality that most chain grocery stores lack.

I pass several unfamiliar streets until I finally reach Elton Street where the farmers market is. Thankfully this time I find it with ease, only wasting about ten minutes to get here. It's just as crowded as I expected on a Sunday, and I'm already bothered. It must be my lack of nutritious food in my system that's making me feel h-angry.

I'm almost sure that if you looked inside my body you'd see my heart pumping soda into my veins running off of candy and greasy foods. I should probably buy a banana or something, just so I can have something healthy in my body before I inhale an entire pizza in a few hours.

I lock my bike on the rack near the parking lot, tugging the straps of my backpack as I trudge along the sidewalk towards the entrance brushing shoulders with hipsters and old people. God riding a bike is such a work out, I'm already regretting the ride home.

The first fruit I lay eyes on is a banana so I decided to get one, eating it while I try to find that list my mom left me. After looking through my backpack and every pocket on me, I toss the banana peel in the trash finally accepting the fact that that list is long gone now.

The only item I seem to remember from the list I've magically missed placed, are cucumbers. I go through multiple tent aisles looking for the dark green veggie, until I see a LEMONS sign and suddenly remember my mom asked for those too. 2 for 3 isn't bad..or was it 2 for 4?

I snap a shot of the vibrant yellow lemons piled neatly in a woven basket, before grabbing a plastic clear bag. I have no clue how to choose 'good lemons' so I grab the first five that catch my eye from the top of the pile.

I hand the bag over to the smiley older woman so that she can weigh it.

"Do you know where they sell the cucumbers, by any chance?" I ask the woman, deciding it's better to ask then to wander aimlessly through the aisles. I just want to get home as soon as possible, I've already spent too much time outside today.