Chapter 2

Tsumugi eventually caught up to the robot, which was barely inside the woods. She let out a short huff of annoyance and looked around.

"What are you doing?" Tsumugi huffed.

"Well, Kiyo's ping said he was in the forest," Keebo explained.

"Why the hell is he there?" Tsumugi asked nervously.

"I don't know, that's why I'm going in," Keebo said, determined to find his friend.

"What?! You can't go in alone," Tsumugi huffed, "I'll come with you."

"To be honest, I'd rather have you come with me than the other two," Keebo said jokingly.

Tsumugi stifled a giggle and nudged the robot affectionately. Keebo smiled then turned towards the forest to find his other friend. He wandered in with Tsumugi at his side.

"Talk about creepy," Tsumugi said quietly.

"Don't worry," Keebo said, "I can detect if there is any danger near."

"That's...reassuring," Tsumugi whispered.

"Are you doubting me?" Keebo said, tilting his head.

"No, not at all," Tsumugi said, "just don't overwork yourself."

The two walked some more in silence, Tsumugi periodically taking out a notebook and drawing in it. Keebo knew it would be a bad idea to ask to see it, considering how it goes with Kiyo. though Tsumugi and Kiyo are opposites, maybe it wouldn't hurt to try.

"What you drawing, Tsu," Keebo asked, looking over his shoulder.

"Oh, just a dress design for an upcoming event," Tsumugi said, not looking up.

"You do more than just cosplay?" Keebo said, "not to be rude or anything."

"Oh no, it's fine," Tsumugi said, "usually I don't. I only do when people ask me to."

Tsumugi closed the notebook and put it back in her jacket. The two moved deeper into the forest. It was almost pitch black outside so the two moved in closer so they wouldn't lose each other. Tsumugi was glad Keebo couldn't see her that well since she was blushing a little.

"We're almost there," Keebo said.

"Jeez, why did he come this far anyway," Tsumugi replied.

"I don't know," Keebo huffed, "maybe we should start calling for him now."

"I can try texting him," Tsumugi said, "though it might be a little late for that."

"You can tell him it's us calling and not someone else," Keebo said.

Keebo began calling out Kiyo's name, moving away from Tsumugi a bit. Tsumugi slowed her pace, pulled out her phone, and began texting.

Tsumugi: Hey Kiyo, sorry to bother you, but Keebo was starting to get worried about you. If you hear shouting, that's us.

Tsumugi sighed and put her phone back into her jacket pocket. She hurried her pace a bit to catch up to Keebo. She let out a little squeak as she tripped over a root and stumbled forward. With a little gasp, Keebo quickly turned and caught Tsumugi.

"A-Are you ok?!" Keebo said nervously.

"Yea, I'm fine," Tsumugi said, "Thanks for that."

"No problem," Keebo said, "I hope I didn't hurt you while doing that."

"I mean it wasn't the most comfortable, but you didn't hurt me," Tsumugi said quietly.

Tsumugi slowly pulled away from the robot and looked away. Keebo smiled, then proceeded forwards to find Kiyo. Some rustling in the trees startled Tsumugi a bit. She looked up and saw a pair of eyes looking back at her.