Part 9

Lera

I can't sleep. Again.

A few days have past since my last late night run, and the days have passed slowly and lazily, just like a perfect summer should. Although, the lack of general busyness is pissing off my sleep schedule. I find myself dozing in and out of consciousness, my mind not able to stop running. I'd be lying by saying Christian wasn't on my mind as well. I just don't understand him. He treats me like what I am, a little sister, for my entire life, and all of a sudden he just... flips? A part of me feels like he's playing another one of his jokes, but I'm not sure. Because the way he looks at me sometimes make me feels things I haven't felt towards well, anyone in a while. Why is he doing this to me now?

My body groans as I roll over in bed again, and I check my phone for the time. 

5:57 am. Internal Groan

It's too early to get up, but too late to try and sleep again. 

I flop back downwards, my body instantly sinking into the soft mattress. I'm hungry, but I don't feel like cooking while the sun is only just rising. 

Wait, the bakery.

One of the good things about staying in a vacation heavy town is the shops. The majority of the bakeries and small shops open early, perfect for eager vacation dads to grab breakfast. And well, me.

I can almost taste the chocolate croissant that awaits me as I grab a pair of leggings and an oversized t-shirt. It's only a quick 15 minute walk into town, so I'll be gone and back before everyone else stumbles out of bed, with fresh pastries to become everyone's favorite person again. Hah! I finish getting dressed before grabbing my tote bag to stuff my wallet and phone into. I'm putting my hair into a loose ponytail when I quietly leave my room, and oh my god why is Christian at the top of the stairs looking down towards my room. External groan.

I keep my eyes glued to the floor, hoping to move past him, but he apparently has other ideas. As I turn my body to glide past him he lightly grips onto my wrist, turning my body towards him. Neither of us say anything as we stare at each other, my glare being met with his painful smirk.

"What do you want Christian?" I whisper, his smirk only widening because I cracked first. 

"Where are you going?" he asks, his tone matching my own.

"To get breakfast, now if you'll excuse me-" I pull my wrist from his grasp before I try and turn back towards the stairs, but I'm cut off, again

Christian only laughs as his hands find their way to my waist, once again pulling me into his body, although this time we're much closer. 

"Well look at the odds, I'm going for a run, into town, looks like we can go together." he whispers, bringing his mouth close to my ear. His unexpected warm breathe against the side of my face sends a shiver up my spine, as much as I try to stop it. 

What is he doing to me?

Without letting me respond, his hands leave my waist to grab my closest hand, gently pulling me down the stairs after him. 

"What if I don't want to walk with you?" I ask mockingly. From where I'm standing next to him, I see his jaw lock slightly before he responds. 

"Oh trust me Leers, you do." A irritating smile spreads across his face at the, nickname?

"Leers, seriously?" I ask as I'm pulled around the kitchen by Christian's firmly attached hand.

"Yep, it's here to stay," he replies as he grabs his keys before opening the door and pulling me out with him.