𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

kazuha's eyes were closed, only thing he could hear was the cold yet enjoyable wind breeze, that made his hair messy and the quiet purring of tama that was leaning in his touch.
her fur was soft under his fingertips.
and next to that he could feel tomo's warm embrace next to him.
the former samurai couldn't tell how much time had passed since they ended up on this cliff after having a simple dinner of grilled fish.
he wasn't complaining though.
his favorite nights were spending them with his best friend, kazuha would even dare to call him his soulmate, like this.

tomorrow was his birthday he remembered. since he lost his family at a young age of living, there was nothing special about birthdays to him.
he had just outlived his loved ones by another year.
but tomo had insisted that they would spend time together.
different than usually he said but didn't drop another detail about what he was going to do.
kazuha wasn't minding it really.
it had taken tomo almost a month to even convince to actually do something for his birthday.
and he never was a curious person anyways.
but if only he had asked this one time.

their comfortable silence was interrupted by the yelling and the sound of a fight.
he finally opened his eyes, exchanging looks with tomo. drowning in his lilac eyes.
in the end they decided to stay still and to hope for not being discovered.
kazuha wasn't suffering from the vision hunt decree as he wasn't the owner of a vision, but tomo was.
so he couldn't help but worry him at all times and adding to that the mood of the folk was taking up on everyone.
he didn't see anyone smile, genuinely smile in months.
they were forced, and didn't reach the eyes of the people which usually looked tired and sad.
sometimes kazuha was wondering what happened to the inazuma he once grew up in.
it seemed like everything had changed.

when the noises were finally quieting down, kazuha let go of a breath, he didn't realize he was holding.
his heart beat was calming down and the blood wasn't rushing through his veins anymore.
when he looked at tomo, he wondered how he was always so unbothered by everything.
or was he really? at least he was good at acting like he was unbothered.
because after a second look, kazuha could tell that tomo wasn't unbothered. he was angry, furious even. but he kept it to himself.
not wanting to worry kazuha and not wanting to become a victim of a vision hunt decree whose members surely were still close by.
so they stayed in silence for another five minutes.
only after that kazuha was fully able to relax.

"let's go to our favorite place." tomo said and got up, taking tama with him.
kazuha hurried to get up as well, following tomo's request without another word.
it wasn't always that they did what tomo wanted to do. mostly. but simply because kazuha couldn't care less about what he was doing as long as it was with his blonde friend.

the walk to their boat was silent again. it must be quiet a weird thing for other people. they were so close, yet they seemed to barely talk with each other.
but it wasn't like there was no communication. they could simply do it without words, simple as that.
kazuha always knew how tomo felt.
and tomo always knew how kazuha felt.
then again that didn't mean they would never talk.
cause they would.
sometimes for days, discussing the same topic again and again.
but there wasn't any other place where kazuha would feel more complicated, than being close to tomo in silence.
tomo had become his family, no. more than that.
tomo had become everything that kazuha needed in the tiring reality of inazuma.

soon he could feel the autumn night breeze hug his body like an old friend, while the ocean waves were slowly swaying their boat, putting him in a light sleep.
it felt like he was in trance. tama was now resting on his lap, while his own head was resting against tomo's legs.
who was sitting on the only seat of the boat.
but kazuha didn't mind it at all.
while tomo was guiding the boat through the soft waves, his free hands were softly brushing through his hair.
his finger moving skilled through his white and red curls.
a quiet hum left his lips, being completely relaxed, and feeling a blush creep up his cheeks, when tomo leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss on his forehead.