Part three

How couldn't she fall when he was such a sweetheart

During the two years of friendship, Ashar never failed to be by her side whenever she needed him. He was supportive and encouraging; someone who made her laugh; someone who made her day; someone everyone fell into prostration and prayed to have in life. Who wouldn't grow to love a person who lifts up not only their spirit but their surroundings too? She was beyond grateful to have a perfection among the series of her imperfections. So what if it was a man who was supposedly in love with her and showered her with it as much as he could without crossing the boundaries.

Mawar, at this point, was almost as moved by all his moves as Hanna was while experiencing them. She wished she was someone's Hanna too, possibly Ashar's. It wasn't till this moment that Mawar realized she too fell in love with a taken man from the moment they met. She couldn't bring herself to be guilty though and she decided she wouldn't be either. To love wasn't to be ashamed of after all.

As a florist, flowers were Hanna's dawn and dusk, her beginning and her ending. In her opinion, nothing could express human feelings better than flowers. She wanted her answer to Ashar be in flowers as well. It might take time for him to pick a flower that expressed himself but for her, it was a cinch. She picked up a single piece of yellow chrysanthemum and walked up behind him. His back was facing her. Surprise took over her when he turned around to face her and he was holding a set of beautifully arranged yellow chrysanthemums.

A small smile graced both of their lips before it turned into a fit of laughter, coloring the shop in all happy glory. Hope bloomed in their hearts and they secretly prayed it remained that way till the end of their time. Before long, wedding bells rang in Ashar and Hanna's households.

On the day of the wedding, with the brightest grin he could master, Ashar gently took her hand from her father. This was it, this was the hand he had been ugly crying for so long to hold for the rest of his life. The moment he saw her minus the veil and legally his, he knew she was forever going to be the coolness of his eyes; the electricity in his veins; his paradise. That bridal glow suited her immensely. He vowed to protect that uplifting beam to the best of his ability. He vowed to be a loyal, devoted, and doting husband who she could be proud of.

A vow meant to be kept but never written on stone.

To seal his word of honor, Ashar gifted Hanna an assortment of coral rose, fiery sage and bright violet. Showing affection was to him as important as maintaining a 'manly' attitude in front of his friends. He did, however, have doubts on whether Hanna found it bothersome.. Actually, it  was the exact opposite. She couldn't be more pleased at this one attribute he held and he had every intention of keeping it that way.

Both Ashar and Hanna's parents were thrilled to have made a new connection between the families. Hanna's were especially grateful that their daughter's impairment was duly respected and accepted. With blessings from each of their families, they went off onto their honeymoon. .

Ashar's happiness was boundless and evident in his actions. He was like a baby on a sugar rush, and had to tell her all the stories that came to mind, but his energy seemed to be inexhaustible. Every smile from Hanna fired up his spirit.

Hanna shook her head and let him be in his utopia for the time being as she rested her head on his shoulder. He didn't waste a heart beat before wrapping her up in the cocoon of his arms. In order to not disturb her, he tried in vain to hold in his bodily movements. 

Until he stopped. 

When Hanna couldn't hear his ruckus actions anymore, she lifted her head from her comfortable catnap. A kiss landed on her cheeks taking her off guard. She gawked at him for the suddenness of his action and he smirked. The gratification in his eyes amused her. Before she could give him a lecture for his ploy, a posy of white magenta lilac appeared in her vision. Upon her raising an eyebrow at him, he admitted sheepishly  of stealing them from a stranger's courtyard and justified it with being unable to let go of such a unique flower. Something he imagined she would appreciate.

Ashar's appreciation for something Hanna loved was an addition only to melt her heart and it, without a doubt, served its purpose. Hanna was too engrossed in the beauty of the flower to think of his misdeed. When her elation was the purpose of his viability, could her satisfactory reaction be anything but encouragement to him? She only hoped he wouldn't repeat such actions.

Time stayed kind to their marital bliss for a long while. In each other's embrace, they could never come out of the honeymoon phase. Life was slow with no pressure of anything at all and they were having a blast, content with it all. But storms  brew  where the low pressure centers.

'Nothing lasts forever', a sentence Ashar strongly believed in and feared much. He never allowed himself to be tangled with anyone or anything emotionally so nothing could break him. The one time he let himself do it was with Hanna. His time with her proved to be worthwhile to take that leap of trust and courage. However, 'was it?', the question wasn't too far in distance from reality.

Mawar's heartbeat spiked up. Storms are boundless to come and go in life. The strength to survive it made all the difference . She could swear that she loved Ashar by now but while listening to his story, she also was a listener on tenterhooks for a happy ending. Then again, if there was a happy ending, a man as gleeful to have his wife in his life wouldn't be here, would he?

༺✿༻

Or wouldn't he?
Hey!

That's part three for you. Two more parts to go!

Share your thoughts with me on the comments! Your votes and comments motivate me so much!

Thank you for being here, you precious soul.

Stay safe and lovely!

Xale~

Word count: 1034