Chapter 02

"What do you believe happened to him?" Eris asked him as soon as they were a safe distance away from Tomlinson Tailors.

"I don't believe it is anything good." Harry answered.

"I have never felt that pretty before, Harry. His clothes make me feel pretty." Eris sighed happily as they walked the long path to the doorstep of their home that lay on acres of land in their estate.

Trees decorated the land, neatly trimmed and maintained. Flora colouring the green land and the mild fragrance of the flowers wafted through the acres stretching boundless mingling with the smell of fresh grass.

Birds chirped peacefully and the gardeners were busying themselves with tending to the land, all with love, no frustration in the scents of the workers.

In the centre, leading from the busy tar roads stood a grand house, firm and strong. A fountain decorated the path that split off into two leading up from the road and to the same destination.

"I am glad, Ery." His voice was always guarded.

"You must stop living upto the rumours Harry. You will never find an omega at this rate." She was concerned for him as she always was.

"I will not bond an omega I feel nothing towards. They are always after my money, Ery. I will not do what father did to mother either." He frowned.

The doors to the house opened and Harry and Eris stepped inside. As soon as he did, he tensed as he could smell it in the air. There was an omega, reeking of heavy perfume. The scent was not appealing.

It was truly loathsome. "Lord Styles, there is an omega awaiting your arrival in the parlour." Remus bowed to him.

"Tell them to leave." Harry dismissed easily.

"I'm afraid they were adamant my Lord." Remus said, the beta's voice sounded frustrated as if he had attempted to rid of the omega only to fail.

"Very well." He spoke. "Ery, you may put away your dress and join me if you wish to." He said but his tone implied that it was not mandatory.

"I will be down once I change my attire." She said. Eris did love to watch the omegas get flustered around her brother. It was sight to marvel after all.

With heavy footsteps, Harry reached the parlour. When the doors were opened, he nearly gagged at the intensity of the scent. The room was scented and Harry did not like it one bit.

Remus, who walked behind Harry inhaled sharply. "Air the parlour, Remus." He was appalled by the omegas behaviour in the house of another.

"Lord Styles." The omega screeched in a high-pitched voice; a bit too annoying for his liking. Why couldn't the omega who was visiting him have soft caramel hair, blue eyes and the ferocity of a lion?

"Your actions are inappropriate. This is not your house for you to scent." He held no mercy in his words, no sympathy.

"It soon will be mine too." She was so sure of herself. Harry looked at her in disbelief, taking in her appearance. She seemed to be from a high class, surely the daughter of an Earl or merchant. She had fat pearls around her neck, she didn't look like she had broken a sweat since the day she was born, cushioned.

"And what makes you believe as such?"

"I am the daughter of Earl Laxenby, Maria Laxenby. I saved myself for you, Lord Styles." The smugness in her voice was rather annoying.

"Your status nor your father's matters to me." He had not breathed in since the moment he stepped into the room, knowing he wouldn't be able to stand it if he did.