Chapter 17: It Begins

Riley ran through the woods with Arthur by his side, behind them, the army of newborns running with them. Everyone ran towards the field—their rabid thirst for Isabella Swan's blood.

Walking beside the Cullen family, Mare quietly waited. Rosalie glanced over at Mare, looking tired and annoyed. Mare turned to her. They both stared at each other before Jasper gave the signal.

A battle between the newborns and the Cullen family ensues as Jasper rip off newborns' heads.

Alice ran by Mare's side, "Since we've met, I never once seen you use your gift, Mare." Mare tore a newborn's arms off and turned to Alice, "That's cause it's dangerous."

As they crowded near a giant boulder, the Uley pack jumped out, joining the battle. Mare was tackled to the ground by four newborns. She growled until a ball of fire engulfed two, and then lightning hit another. She bit off the heads of the last two before standing up. She breathed in deeply as she stood up, snapping the other two's heads off

"Who is this?" Arthur stood by her side, "It's quite a long story, my friend. In short, his name is Laurent." The tall blonde waved his hands in the air in a panic, fearing his power.

"A vampire with the ability to create fire...the irony in that." Mare huffed out as she jumped over Arthur, punching another newborn that came their way.

Mare watched as Emmett threw a newborn into Lorraine's mouth, "Where's Desmond." Arthur questioned. Mare sighed, "Sam, that asshole, really underestimates Desmond." when she turned around, Arthur was gone before whipping around at the sound of a growl. Behind her, Lorraine tore apart a newborn trying to sneak up on Mare

"Thanks." She mumbled as her eyes scanned for the Irish Vampire but soon focused on the newborns jumping on Lorraine

Hiding from the battle was Bree. Carlisle and Esme forced her out of hiding. The two looked at each other, taking a step forward before slightly jumping back; Arthur stood there, his arms out to stop them, "Please...don't hurt her." Mare crushed the vampires off Lorraine before they looked over at their friend. Mare took a moment to realize why Arthur stood against Carlisle.

"What the fuck?!" Mare jumped away all of a sudden, her hand holding on to her torso in pain. Her blood trickled down into the grass as her eyes went wide, "Who the hell are you!" In front of her stood the same brunette on the cliff from before, Juliet. The girl spun the familiar dagger in her pale hands, her taunting smile irking the hybrid just a little.

Juliet tilted her head to the side, "The one that's going to kill you." Mare pulled her hand away from her healing wound and shook it slightly to shake the blood from her, "You think you're the only one that I have come across with that dagger?" She hunched down with a hiss and a low growl.

<Forelsket>

"She's close. I can hear her thoughts." Edward was in a panic as he turned to the two wolves, "Seth, Desmond, go." The two turned around and hurriedly rushed away. Desmond looks back before following Seth

Edward pulled Bella close to him, "She knew we weren't there, but she caught my scent. She knew you'd be with me."

Bella was breathing heavily, "She found us." Edward frowned as he looked ahead, "She's not alone." They watched as none other than, Riley Biers slowly walked out in the open and towards them.

"Riley, listen to me. Victoria's just using you to distract me. She knows I'll kill you."

Appearing in a blur, Victoria landed on a tree branch. Bella caught sight of her making her heart beat rapidly. Edward slightly stretched his arms out in front of his mate. His eyes never leaving the man in front of him, "In fact, she'll be glad she doesn't have to deal with you anymore.