The Realization

Last Time:

"The idiot probably knocked himself out and now they're panicking about the bet." Sasuke said with an amused snort. He was looking forward to Naruto being humiliated and just as much as, if not more so, Kakashi was looking forward to getting his prize ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Naruto woke up in his home with Kurama and Konohamaru lying in bed with him. With great care he tried to get out from under Konohamaru without waking him. However, that wasn't easy since the raven was the type who sleeps with his limbs spread wide. A comfy sleeping position for sure, but with two other people sharing the bed it was awkward.

"He's a heavy sleeper." Kurama whispered after waking up to the blonde's attempts at freedom.

"An adorable starfish." Naruto muttered as Kurama flipped out of bed to help untangle the raven's limbs from his. Once he was free he stood up and wrapped his arms around the redhead. "We'll need to rethink the sleeping arrangement." He whispered in amusement.

"Definitely." Kurama said with a smile before being pulled into a steamy kiss courtesy of Naruto.

When the kiss slowly ended Naruto reluctantly pulled away, "I got you something that you'll probably find very fun." Naruto said as he unsealed a special set of 5 kunai and 5 shuriken.

"Oh?" A perplexed Kurama commented as he looked at the unimpressive ninja weapons. However, when Naruto turned it on Kurama beamed. "That's hilarious!" He laughed when he saw the kunai glow pink along the edges and start vibrating. The color of the glow changed as Naruto shifted through the intensities and modes. "Oh I'm going to have to play with these! We can use these while you're busy with the chunin exams ... right, Konohamaru?" He said as he sent a cheeky smile to Konohamaru who was awake for most of the toy demonstration.

Konohamaru blushed, "You got a lot of them." He commented quietly, but didn't say anything about not wanting to play.

"Of course. More to share. Plus they have a tree walking like sticking feature so why not use as many on your body as you can, right?" The blonde said with a wink as Konohamaru came over to them. "Tell me anything you guys learn while using them." He said teasingly, getting Kurama to chuckle when Konohamaru blushed brightly.

Konohamaru pouted, "Why should I tell you something you will see?" He said sassily. It was purely out of annoyance from the teasing, but he immediately realized what he said and the blushed darkened immensely.

Before the younger ninja could pass out from blushing too hard Naruto captured his lips in a gentle kiss. "We'll talk about that after dealing with team 8." He said softly after pulling away from Konohamaru's slightly dazed flushed face.

"Yeah." A calmer Konohamaru said happily before they all dressed, which was quick since Kurama had already grabbed some of Konohamaru's clothes for him, and went to the hokage tower ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Hiruzen blinked, "I probably should've told them to go home." He whispered so he didn't wake up the members of team 8 who were all sleeping in his office now.

The second the team returned he told them that they would get answers once they were well rested. Apparently, they wanted to make sure that would happen and they were too tired to leave so they fell asleep right there. Hinata was still asleep on the couch. Kiba, Shino and Kurenai, who left the pink crystal on the hokage's desk, were sleeping on the floor using Akamaru as a fluffy pillow.

With everyone sleeping he left to get a bit of shut eye himself. By the time he returned Naruto was there with Kurama and Konohamaru. The three looked well rested and very amused by team 8's stubbornness.