That's The Way It's Gonna Be

Original chapter (with some changes)
(outfit to go to the alvarez)

8.40pm Alvarez apartment

Luna's pov

After a few minutes of talking and continuing our history work, penelope called Elena cause dinner was ready. "We'll just finish the work later." Elena said

"Hola Luna! I'm Lydia, how are you?" greeted a woman who I think was Elena's abuela. "I'm good! How are you?" I answered "I'm great as you can see" she said with a funny accent and a "sexy voice" that was kinda cringe but she seems fun "Okay Mami, enough with the embarrassing yourself and more eating. Dig in everybody!" reminded penelope and we all started to eat.

After dinner Elena and I were heading to her room but Penelope called us: "Girls! Come over here and chat with everyone." "Okay mom" Elena said in a lower voice.

1hour later

"Gracias for dinner you guys! It was so fun to catch up! But the kids have school tommorow and we gotta go. Adios!" My mom announced while she got up and hugged penelope and Lydia. "goodbye alvarez!" I screamed from the hall.

"did you have fun mija?" my mom asked. "I did! It was so amazing!" I exclaimed "I'm glad you're happy"

"I'm going to bed mami" I announced and kissed my mom on the cheek. "dulces sueños" (sweet dreams)

1 week later

8am Perez Apartment
Luna's pov

"Mami! I'm leaving for the alvarez! Love you!" I yelled when I opened the door. "Bye Luna! Be safe out there!"

When I got to the alvarez, penelope was already waiting for me at the door so we could leave. "Luna! How are you?" greeted penelope. "I'm go-" I answered but got interrupted by penelope screaming "Elena! Alex! Hurry up! Luna is here already!!" "Coming!" they screamed back at the same time

In school

"Thank you for the ride miss al- penelope..." I corrected "No problem Luna! Paloma is gonna pick you guys up at 17 so don't be late! Bye bye!" she reminded.

"We gotta get to class Luna" advised Elena. "okay then let's go!" I said while running after her.

17pm

"Hey girls! I'm here!" screamed my mom from the car. Elena and I went running towards her and Alex was already inside. "Hola mami! How was your day?" I asked when I got in. "It was good! How was yours?" "Amazing" Elena and I said at the same time "Elena is captain of the debate team and I got in the dance club!" I announced really happy "That's great you guys!" my mom congratulated.

During the car ride we were singing Spanish music and this guy screamed from the other car: "Hey! That's too loud you beans!" "HEY! That's too racist you bitch!" I screamed back "YEAH!" Elena concluded "Okay mom I know you said no cursing but-" "That was awesome mija!" my mom exclaimed.

8pm Perez apartment

When I finished showering I saw a bunch of texts from Elena:

Elena
Luna

Lena💜

Can u come over?
My abuelita is forcing me to have a quinces but I don't want to
Luna?
Luuuu
You there?

Hey Lena
I was showering
HOW DON'T YOU WANT A QUINCES?!

I researched the history of quinceañeras and found out they're really misogynistic!

But it's just a fun tradition with ur family and friends but it's your decision!

I know I know but I don't wanna be paraded around.
Anyways, can u come over?

Sure! Be there in 5

See ya

Byeee

I dressed some comfortable clothes  and went to the Alvarez.

"Mom! I'm going to the alvarez I'll be back before 10!" I announced to my mom "Okay Luna!"

I was going up the stairs and I found penelope struggling to walk with all of the bags so I helped her out.

"Penelope! Do you need help?" I asked "Oh Luna... Yes please." she answered. I grabbed a bag and went with her upstairs while she talked to me about Elena's quinces plans.

"Alex. Alex help!" she called her son but he was on the laptop so she threw toilet paper on his head and he turned around. "Papito, let's go! You know I got a bum shoulder. I need help over here." Alex grabbed a bag, putted it on the table and sat down again on the couch watching his computer. "Thank you." she said with a sarcastic voice. "Next time, Skype him" I said in a lower voice.

When we were putting down our bags, lydia opened the curtain dramatically and announced with her heavy accent: "We have a problem" "I know. The hipsters have discovered Porto's. Line around the block is like the freakin' Apple Store now." complained penelope. "hey Luna. Mom!" called Elena "And this one, I don't like her anymore" confessed lydia making a gesture with her hands.

"I don't care if you like me" said Elena back "Sounds like your both on the same page" joked penelope "Your daughter does not want to have a quinces" added lydia "What? Why? We already booked the room, and I found a great band! Okay it's a Dj" said Penelope. "Alex with an iPod and a Playlist" I coughed "But it's a very good playlist." she finished

"I researched the history of quinceañeras and found out they are totally misogynistic." explained Elena "She's been reading again. Why do you let her read?" complained lydia "I know Mami. And I let her do math, too. I'm a monster" joked penelope

"By the way they made me captain of the debate team today at school, but all she wants to talk about is this" "She has to have a quinces! How else will we know the day that our little girl becomes a woman?" "you missed it. I was 12, I was in gym, and ironically, it happened in first period" joked Elena. I laughed a little to myself

"Elena relax! It's just a fun party! You know, I'll have a litlle too much wine, embarrass you while I sob during my toast, abuelita will dance inappropriately with one of your guy friends-" assured penelope "You can count on it" said lydia doing a funny dance "I'm not doing it. Come on Luna" and I followed her inside her room.

"Ugh! My abuelita is so annoying!" complained Elena "It's her way! She just likes the Cuban traditions." I explained "I guess"

We were talking until we heard penelope calling "All right, it's Friday night. Family dinner time. Come on, let's go!" "Oh, I should go, I already had dinner" i told Elena "yeah us too. Abuelita did made us dinner without mom knowing" she said "Oh okay then I guess I can stay for a little more"

10pm

"Oh, I gotta go!" I announced "Aww, okay. See you tomorrow bestie!" "Bye!"

"Goodbye penelope! Thank you for taking me to school today." I thanked "No problem Luna. Bye bye"

"Hey Mami! I'm going straight to bed, I'm so tired" I said when I got home "Okay mija! Sweet dreams!" I heard my mami say. I got to my room, laid on my bed and slept right away.

シ︎Thank you guys for reading chapter 2! I hope you're having a great day/week! Luv yall!