Apprentice

Three years ago, a demon fox with nine tails appeared. When a tail was swung, it would destroy a mountain and cause a tsunami. To counter it, the people gathered ninjas. One ninja sealed the monster in a life or death battle and died himself to ensure his villages' survival. That ninja was known as the Yondaime Hokage... and with his death, he sealed the powers of the Nina-Tailed Demon Fox into the body of a young boy...

This young boy's name is Uzumaki Naruto. Most people in the village dislike him and consider him a pest or worse The Kyuubi incarnate. He's ignored because people for the most part think he is the actual demon fox. The only people who see him as him and not the demon itself or even just the container of the demon are the Hokage, most of the clan heads of Konoha either sympathize or are indifferent, and a simple ramen chef named Teuchi and his daughter Ayame. Sadly on October 10th, Naruto would get beaten half to death by mobs of civilian and shinobi alike even with the Anbu shadowing him. Today just happens to be that day...

Naruto was running through the street of Konoha as fast as his legs would carry him, which sadly was not fast enough considering there was a mob right behind and was gaining on him fast. Finally, when he could run no longer his legs gave out and he fell right in the middle of the street.

"Please!" he cried out. "What did I ever do to you to deserve this!?" He asked the crowd in front of him. He honestly didn't know why he would always be beaten and glared at whenever someone saw him.

"What you did! You don't fucking remember killing all those innocent people, DEMON!" One Chuunin said. "We'll show you the pain you've caused all those people!" he shouted in a voice filled to the brim with malice.

Thus the painful beating began. This went for almost ten minutes until an Anbu with a dog mask appeared in front of the bloody heap that was once a young smiling boy, and released a HUGE amount of killer intent the made the crowds gasp for breath.

"You are all under arrest!" he said as he summoned a dozen kage bushins to take them all in, at first they appeared to want to fight but the killing intent stopped those ideas. Even the couple Chuunin in the crowd knew fighting against an Anbu even if they were just clones was of no help.

The crowd was quickly round up, and the area cleared as the Anbu went to check on Naruto and found him unconscious clinging to life as if by a thread. He made note of the injuries which were a few cuts on his body, a large gash on his chest reaching and gouging into his ribs, and bruises on his face along with a broken jaw. The dog Anbu decided to take Naruto to the hospital immediately while sending another kage bushin to inform the Hokage in case the hospital staff wasn't feeling like cooperating.

The next day Naruto woke up to see a white ceiling. Not knowing where he is he quickly and yet very cautiously looked around the room and saw the Hokage was coming through the door.

"Ahhhhhhh, you're awake now Naruto-Kun. How are you feeling?" asked the old Kage.

"Like I've been run over by something, Oji-san". Said Naruto in an emotionless tone. "Can I ask you something Oji-san?"

"What is it Naruto-Kun?" asked the Hokage knowing what was coming.

"Well, when I was being beaten" started Naruto making the Hokage wince at the emotionless tone as much as the word used. "One of the people said that I killed a lot of people and everyone called me a demon. Why is that?" finished the young blonde, his tone changing into one of slight irritation.

The Hokage was baffled by the question for a minute but knew he would have to answer the question someday, but now was not the time, so he skated around the issue and said, "You didn't kill anyone and you are NOT a demon. The people in Konoha are narrow-minded and bigots when it comes to certain issues. As for the reason, they think you are a demon I'm afraid I can't tell you right now, but I will tell you when you turn twelve or when you're a strong enough ninja. How about that Naruto-Kun?"