< Ch 3 >

3rd POV:

Naofumi, kumo, and the other heroes were walking toward the king's throne room ready to begin their adventure.

The heroes were talking among themselves well except for one, Naofumi was talking to Kumo, Ren and Itsuki were also talking among themselves, and motoyasu......well he was just glaring at someone's back, and that someone was Naofumi.

Once all of them made it to the throne room they lined up in front of the king, kumo stood next to Naofumi. All of them noticed that there were a bunch of adventurers standing in front of him facing towards us.

"Brave heroes! I have gathered all these high-leveled adventurers to fight the waves Alongside you!" He said while naofumi, kumo, and the other heroes look at their soon-to-be party members.

"Now! Future champions! Time to begin your journey alongside the heroes!" H

e says while gesturing towards the Cardinals.

'

Wait,

they're the one choosing?' Ren, Itsuki, and motoyasu thought as the adventurers got behind them.

'Hope no one joins our party' Naofumi and kumo both Thought hoping that none of the adventurers join them since both of them are demons and they eat humans so it wouldn't be a good matchup.

After the adventurers stopped behind their chosen heroes and left naofumi and kumo without any party member which was what both demons hoped for, the king then asked if any would volunteer to join the shield hero.

A red-haired girl (Bitch) was about to raise her when suddenly naofumi and kumo announced both of them would like to be on their own.

The King And the redheaded girl (bitch)  were surprised by this, the king composed himself and asked if both of them are sure and they responded with a yes.

"Very well then since the shield hero has only one party he will have double the payment," he said while waving his hand signaling for his advisors to bring the money.

"The shield hero will get 800 silvers while the other heroes get 600"

"Now! Set forth on your journey brave heroes!" He says with his hand raised.

After that, the heroes set forth on their journey but not before having a small conversation.

"Well, you guys I'll be hunting some exp and leveling up with my party good luck out their" ren says walking past them and out the front castle gate with his party members following him.

"I should also be doing can't be having ren stealing all the exp and monster drops for himself, so good luck," he says waving back at the two remaining heroes.

"Kumo-chan! I'll miss you!" Motoyasu says waving at naofumi and kumo.

"Hehe bye to you too," kumo says sweat dropping at motoyasu antics while naofumi deadpans at it.

"Simp" naofumi mutters under his breath while staring at the ground.

"Did you say something naofumi?"

"Huh, oh it was nothing"

"Should we get going? I can't wait for what this new world has in store for us!" She says with her hand in the air.

A small blush appears on naofumi's cheeks.

"Y-yeah we should begin by killing some monsters and level up" naofumi suggested

she yays while giving him a thumbs up.

"Well, let's go!" Naofumi and kumo begin walking towards the castle gate.

Time skip

After some time of figuring out where they were, naofuni and kumo talked to some of the people around and found where they could buy equipment which got them to meet Elhart.

Naofumi and Elhart started bargaining on the cost of some armor for himself and kumo while kumo was looking around at the many weapons displayed.

Finally, after about forty minutes, naofumi came out victorious. Naofumi also found some nice-looking daggers with a spider design on them which he thought it would be great for kumo so he bought them, which she really appreciates.

 Naofumi also found some nice-looking daggers with a spider design on them which he thought it would be great for kumo so he bought them, which she really appreciates

N

aofumi and kumo said their thanks and goodbyes to the fellow blacksmith.

Leaving the blacksmith's shop the two otherworldly demons start heading toward the outside forest outside the city walls so they could level up.

Timeskip

Naofumi and kumo were sitting next to a tree enjoying the fresh air and mostly the sunlight seeping through the leaves.

You might be asking why would they be relaxing when they were supposed to be hunting monsters and leveling up. Well, you see naofumi and kumo were sitting next to a tree surrounded by dead monster corpses or small pieces of what used to be whole monsters.

Naofumi has raised his level up to lv 8 while kumo raised hers up to lv 10 both leveled up a lot.

Naofumi also absorbed some of the monsters parts and unlocked a lot of new shields some useful and some not so much.

Kumo was also getting to used to using her new daggers that naofumi purchased for her and using her demon abilities together. Kumo realized that she could tie one of her daggers to one of her spider strings making so she could throw it and have it return to her without having to pick it up.

Naofumi and kuno after sometime under tree decide to return to the city and maybe take a nap even though they don't need it since they get their energy from human flesh still is a nice thing to do.

After making it to one of the inns in melromarc they rented a room with two beds so they can both have a nice nap. After paying the keeper and going into their room they find two beds and a desk. After inspecting the room they placed their belongings in naofumi shield and went to take a nap.

Naofumi was about to jump on his bed's mattress when suddenly he felt two hands pull him towards a different mattress, Naofumi sees that the hands belonged to kumo.

"U-um kumo w-why did you pull me toward your mattress?" He lets out while stuttering.

"Well! How about you take a nap with me!" She says while still hugs naofumi.

"Then could you let me go" he says cheek becoming red by the second.

"Nope," she says then closing her eyes while still holding naofuni.

Naofumi still a little nervous but not as much as before tries to break free from Kumo's grip but to no avail so he accepts his fate and closes his eyes as well.

Both take a nap or rest or whatever.