Chapter 27

Harley tunes Derek and Stiles out as the argue about Erica's death. She's trying to process how she is feeling, but she can't seem to figure it out. Her and Erica were not close, but they had the start of something. She knows that. She is brought back to the conversation by Deaton shaking her shoulder lightly. "You with us?" he asks.

"Yeah," Harley says, clearing her throat. "I'm here. What's the plan?"

"We're breaking into that vault and we're getting Boyd out," Derek decides. "No matter what it takes."

The next night, Harley sits across a table from Derek, Stiles, and Scott at Derek's loft. They're discussing the plan on how to get into the vault as Peter listens on from his spot on the staircase. She's zoned out yet again, but her attention is brought back to Derek punching Stiles' hand. Harley winces at the loud crunching noise made as his fist makes contact. Scott throws his hands up in disbelief as Stiles squeaks.

"He could do it," Stiles confirms, clutching his hand.

"I'll get through the wall," Derek says as Stiles continues to whimper. "Who's following me down?"

"Don't look at me," Peter scoffs. "I'm not up to fighting speed yet, and honestly, with Isaac out of commission, you're not looking at very good odds for yourself."

"So I'm supposed to just let them die?"

"We'll be fine," Harley interjects, pushing herself to her feet. 

"You're gonna help him with your little knives, sweetheart?" Peter mocks. Without even looking at him, Harley flicks her hand, sending the pen directly into his shoulder. He grabs it, looking at her with wide-eyes.

"I am," she smiles. "And with my little superpowers, too." 

"You are up against a pack of Alphas," Peter says, pulling the pen out of his shoulder. "All of them. killers. And if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant alpha. I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're gonna be missed."

"Don't pretend to give a shit about any of us now," Harley says, slamming her hands flat onto the table. "You want to tuck your tail in between your legs and run? That's fine. Not all of us are cowards, and we are going to go save whoever we can." Peter rolls his eyes, stands up and walks upstairs.

"What about you?" Derek asks after a moment of silence.

"Me?" Stiles asks. "I mean, yea-"

"Not you."

"Got it." 

Scott looks at Harley for a moment, then responds: "I don't know about Erica. But if Boyd's still alive, we have to do something. We have to try."

"But?" Derek asks.

"Who's the other girl? The one locked in there with Boyd?"

Later that night, Harley follows behind Scott and Derek.

"We don't know enough," Scott says as they get to the entrance.

"We don't have enough time," Derek protests.

"Yeah, but think about it. They put the triskele on your door four months ago. What have they been doing all this time? Why wait until now?"

"We don't have the time to figure out every little detail!"

"Okay, but what if this detail, the reason why they waited--what if it's the most important one?"

"Then we do nothing. And Boyd and Erica are dead. I know what I'm risking. My life for theirs." Derek swings his way up to the top before looking back down. "I won't blame you if you don't follow me." Scott looks to Harley, who starts to walk the other way.

"The front door was open, last I checked, so I'm just gonna..." She walks away from Scott, who swings his way up after Derek. 

She makes her way silently through the hall, stopping at a closet. There's a jacket lying on the ground that she recognizes as Allison's. Before she can do anything else, she hears a loud commotion coming from a different wing. As quickly as possible, Harley pushes the door open, coming face to face with a terrified-looking Allison. 

"Go," Harley orders, before grabbing her knives out of her waistband and running toward the noise. She curses under her breath as Allison falls into step with her.

"I'm not letting you go alone," Allison says. 

"Fine then. Come on." They get to the entrance to the vault just in time to see Derek and Scott getting attacked. 

"Look out!" Allison calls. Harley steps forward to enter the vault, but is thrown back by an invisible force. She looks down and sees mountain ash surrounding the room. She looks to Allison, who is already staring at her in fear. Allison drops to her knees to help, but Derek yells before she can.

"No!" He orders. "Don't break the seal!" She looks between all the others before calling Boyd's name.

"No!" Harley yells, but she breaks the seal anyway, letting the werewolves run free. Derek storms out and grabs Allison by the arms.

"Don't touch her!" Scott yells, dragging his body out of the vault. Harley steps forward to help him out.

"What were you thinking?" Derek asks as Allison rips herself out of his hold.

"I had to do something," Allison grunts.

"She saved our lives," Scott says, still leaning on Harley.

"Yeah, and what do you think they're gonna do out there?" Derek yells. "Do you have any idea what we just set free?"

"You want to blame me?" Allison asks. "Well, I am not the one turning teenagers into killers."

"No, no. That's just the rest of your family." Allison looks at Harley, biting her bottom lip.

"I made mistakes. Gerard is not my fault."

"What about your mother?"

"What do you mean?"

"Derek," Harley warns. He ignores her and looks at Scott.

"Tell her, Scott," he says.

Harley can see Allison shaking from where she's standing. "What does he mean, Scott?" Allison asks him. "What does he mean?"

**A/N sorry it's been so long y'all