𝘨𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦

they might tell you otherwise, but
damn-near nothing has changed since your
parents, and Remus, and I
stood where you all stand now.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・☆ chapter six!                 grimmauld place

                grimmauld place

              Remus was waiting on the platform with just about the oddest entourage Mamarie had ever seen— Mad-Eye, a woman with flaming purple hair, and a large, black, shaggy dog that immediately came to brush by her legs in an odd sort of greeting. Despite the whimsical looking crowd, they all wore serious, guarded expressions. She was going to have to get used to those.

             "Hi Sirius," She murmured, bemused, scratching the dog between it's unruly ears. The adults had their gazes locked on her, and Mamarie could feel it, so she stubbornly kept her eyes on Sirius. He seemed to understand, and support this act of defiance— turning to look at them himself with a cocked head.

"Mamarie," Remus uttered, ignoring his friend, "If there's any goodbye's you'd like to make, I suggest you make them now." Something in his hard, growing-quieter tone gave Mamarie the impression he was deadly serious— the weight of being cut off from the rest of the world setting in. Rapidly, she turned to see which directions Izzy and August had set off in, but found her friends were nowhere to be seen. She thought to take a few strides down the platform to see if she might catch up with them, but as if reading her mind, Moody coughed indignantly.

"Let's make our exit hasty. Suspect Molly'n the kids are waiting for us at the gate already." He said gruffly, looking as though he was trying to muster empathy for the young girl, but coming up empty.

"August and Izzy—" Mamarie started to tell Remus, but he quieted her with a grim look.

"...Will understand that your safety is most important. Come along, Mamarie, you'll see them in the fall." His expression, unlike Moody's, was doused with true empathy. Remus knew what it was like to be away from friends that were more like family— so Mamarie nodded sullenly, patted Sirius once more, and started towards the platform's magical entrance. She was discouraged at not having said final parting words to her friends— even more so because she had never fully explained that she'd be unable to send or receive mail. Remus was right, though, they'd figure it out themselves eventually.

"Ms. Elton— this is Nymphadora, my apprentice. Training to be an auror, she is, and already a mighty good body guard." Mad-Eye explained between thick breaths— they were moving rather fast down the platform. The purple-haired woman turned to grin at Mamarie, and she got the feeling they were going to get along very well.