𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘪𝘳𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘴

everything is going to
change now. my prophecy
was right.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・☆ chapter four!                 dancing in circles

                dancing in circles

                     FIFTH YEAR DRIPPED with warmth— Mamarie, ironically, feeling untouchable. Unfaltering was her cheerfulness, and unaffected by such trivial issues as her godfather's new job at Hogwarts (and with it, the stress of keeping his secret a secret), a murderer's escape from Azkaban, and the not so newly formed issue of George Weasley.

"Iz," Mamarie said, one quiet, rainy afternoon, "I think I'd quite like to learn the accordian. That would annoy student body a good amount." The two of them draped themselves lazily across the largest couch in the Gryffindor commons. Mamarie; tired from a lengthy and unnecessarily brutal Quidditch practice, Izzy; bearing no excuse for her lounging.

"No one plays the accordian anymore, stupid." The girl grumbled, "Who would teach you?" Mamarie opened her mouth to respond, but she was interrupted when Harry dropped onto the chair next to them, only just pulling off his quidditch gloves, huffing. Oliver was not far behind him— but he, himself, hurried up the stairs to his dorm, no doubt still thinking over plays.

"Y'know, Mamarie, you don't actually have to learn to play the accordian to annoy anyone with it." The third year boy reasoned, tossing his gloves carelessly to the ground. Mamarie sat up, eyes alighting.

"You're brilliant Harry, you know that?"

"Wicked— would you like to let Trewlawny know that? I am one assignment away from failing the entire class and pitching myself off of the Astronomy tower." Izzy, who had an appreciation for his blunt disgruntled-ness, cackled.

"Trewlawny's an old bag, Potter. If you're going to jump off a tower you may as well do it for a professor that's got some tact."

"Yeah! Let Snape live with the shame."

"Who's living with shame?" The trio looked up simultaneously, to find the Weasley twins ducking into the commons. No one could retort, before Mamarie was standing up on her cushion, and jumping from the couch to the back of George Weasley. The boy let out an oof! of surprise, but grinned as he bounded forward a few steps to accommodate the extra weight.