Chapter 6 ~ There's always Before and After

Third Person Pov:

Kai and Red were talking and Kai apologizing to Red. Meanwhile at the entrance of the gate, Lloyd was hearing their while conversation. Or the conversation Kai was having with the 'ghost'.

Lloyd quickly went to the others and told them about what happened. "We HAVE to figure out who the ghost is! And now!", Nya said in a worried tone. Everyone nodded.

~Time skip to night fall~

Kai has fallen asleep in his room. While the ninja were sneaking around and looking for what Wu was talking about Nya looked at how peaceful her brother looked in his sleep. "Ugh! How are we supposed to find the object Sensei Wu was talking about?!", Jay whisper yelled. "SHHH!!! Keep it down would ya!", Cole told Jay. Jay just rolled his eyes and continued looking. Lloyd sighs," I kinda agree with Jay on this one. Why didn't Wu just tell us what to find to make it easier to find and waste less time?"

"Because I already found it...", The boys turned to Nya who bended her knees down and grabbed a doll of a girl. A girl that they were unfamiliar with. They nodded to each other and quietly left the room.

Cole's Pov:

Glad we found what we were looking for! I think... I mean, I hope so! If it weren't for that loud mouth, Jay, we would've been caught. Once we left Kai's room we quickly and quietly went to the scroll room where Wu was waiting for us.

Once we opened the door, he turned. "Have you found what we needed?", He asked. "I think so...", Nya said stepping forward handing Wu the doll. Wu had the doll, observing it. I just wanna know why Kai has a doll of a girl..., I thought to myself.

Third Person Pov:

Wu nodded and went to the table. The ninja go around the table watching as Wu takes out a few things for a ritual or something. Then he grabbed a scroll and opened it. Inside it were not words of a legend, myth, prophecy, curse or words of wisdom. Instead, was a ying yang necklace. The yang half of the necklace, actually. He then placed it on the doll as it was lying down. He then took out some sort of powder and started enchanting a spell. He then threw the powder onto the doll. Smoke then, started to form around the room. The ninja closed their eyes facing away from the table in surprise. Once the violent wind of the smoke stopped they slowly opened their eyes. They appeared to be in a castle or palace. "Whoa! This place is huge!", Jay said in awe. "Amazing", Zane says smiling. "But, why are we here?", Nya asks. Lloyd shrugs as an answer. "Because this is a place where Kai has been in the past.", Wu says as he points to... "KAI?!?", The ninja ask in confusion. Kai somehow didn't hear them. Even though he was only a few inches away. Then they heard panting from behind Kai. Their eyes widened as it was a girl that looked exactly like the doll Kai had.

"Kai!", The girl says. Kai turns and smiles and opens his arms as the girl jumps on him with a hug. She laughs while the ninja are even more confused. "Who is she? And how does she know Kai?", Zane asks Sensei Wu. "And how does Kai know her?!", Jay asks after Zane.

"I do not know! Which is why I too am watching...", Wu says. They turned back as the girl kept talking, "So what are we gonna do today, big brother?", She says in a bubbly mood. The others stood in shock and said, "BIG BROTHER?!?", they all said in unison. All their eyes were wide eyed. "Hmmm... Well I was thinking we could, you know...? Hangout here at the Palace and try doing something fun!", Kai says. "Oh, oh, oh!! I got lots of things for us to do! All we need is big brother Grey and Chris!", The girl says clapping her hands while jumping. "Alright I'll go get them while you get the games ready, okay?" "Okay Kai!", She runs away to get the games while Kai shakes his head with a smile, "Sometimes that girl is always so tired but yet so jumpy...", He says with a soft smile.

Then, the smoke turned black and glowed brightly again. The ninja blocked their eyes from the bright light. They put their arms down and saw a terrible war scene. Blood was all over the floors with dead bodies over it. The ninja heard crying and turned to see what was making the sound.

It was, "KAI?!?", They all said in union. They saw Kai crying while carrying the body of the same girl. Her stomach almost completely gone... The ninja were sad, scared and disgusted by the sight. But they were more confused on what was going on and how this happened. "Red... Red please...", The crying red ninja said in a soft voice. "I- I'm sorry...K-kai...", She gasps for air but getting none for her lungs had been almost destroyed. "Here....", She says as she takes off a necklace. It had a black lace, as dark as the void and there was a red stone in the end of the necklace. Red put it on Kai's neck and he looked confused with more tears. Having a bad feeling on why she's doing this.

"Red...? Wh-what are you doing...?", Kai says sounding more terrified. "Mom gave me this necklace before she passed...", She quietly says, "And I'm giving this...to you to protect...while I'm gone...", She tries to get at least a little air while talking. "What?! Red, no!", Kai gets interrupted by the girl who is loosing time. "Shhh... It's gonna be okay... I'll still be with you...", She grabs a hold of Kai's hand and squeezes it with a soft smile. As she closes her eyes, making her head face towards the sky and taking a big breath knowing this would not be her last words, "I, Red, the Goddess of Souls... Give the necklace to Kai, the God of Hell and Fire... As he carries my soul... Until my body is in full condition... To continue my duty as a... Goddess..."

Then she glows a very light red and the glow, from the feet, heads to the necklace as the necklace glows a bright red. Kai looked at what was going on. The ninja were sad, confused and in shock. Kai looked back at the girl. "Red...? Why...?", His eyes showing more tears. As Red takes her last breath to say her final words as the glow started to reach her chest, "Because I love you, big brother...", As her smile fades slowly with the glow fully vanishing into the necklace. And a tear of her own falls down. "Kai...", Nya whispers as she starts to cry seeing this memory he apparently has. Jay comes and puts his had around her to comfort her, as she leans into him. The others still don't know how to react to this. Then, the scenery glows once again. The ninja and Wu cover their eyes as the glow faded away.

They looked and saw that they were back at the monestary. The ninja were quiet, feeling bad for their brother. But Zane and Lloyd were more confused on what Red said about Kai. "Nya? Why didn't you tell us you guys had another sister?", Lloyd asks. The ninja looked surprised and curious as well as they turned to Nya. "But... We don't", Nya says in shock. "Then why did she call him her brother? And is it true... That Kai is a...", Lloyd starts and everyone's eyes widened especially Wu. "If it is true that Kai is a god, we must not pressure him to tell us the truth. The girl Kai was with also said that he was the God of Hell AND Fire...", Zane points out.

"Whatever the truth is... We shall wait... Now you all go to sleep and rest! We still have training tomorrow", Wu says walking out of the room as the ninja nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1,357 words!! Idk if this is my highest one...