Prologue

I can hear a loud ringing inside my ears as the broken glasses scattered behind me, my boyfriend Callhan was drunk again and he was blaming me because I'm determined to keep my child — our child, I sob harder than I can feel the numbing of my system, unable to look at him with blurry eyes I keep my balance as I can hear him screaming curses.

God, please keep us safe for tonight. "You understand?! Get rid of that child, Mikaela!" he screamed as his pointing finger were touching my forehead, slightly pushing it, making me move a little away from him. I close my eyes as I feel the stinging pain in my feet. I stepped my barefoot on the broken glasses. I heard him curse, followed by the loud slamming of the door. I slowly opened my eyes, and that's it. He was out again. 

I sighed heavily and look into my feet, the other pair of my slipper's gone because of the fight earlier and Callhan pushed me away from him when I tried to help him stand and now I'm only wearing one, my brows furrowed as I can not feel the pain anymore because of the numbing of my nerves, slowly stepping out from the broken glasses as I leaned my bruised hands on the wall for support until I reach the couch. 

I look around and saw the messy apartment, scattered glasses of plates and bottles on the floor, disarranged decorations and blood from my feet earlier, and the smell of mixed beer and ciggaretes from Callhan, I wipe the tears from my eyes as I try to clear my thoughts and thought of an escape from here, I am sure that he will not be back until he was not drunk again and I have time, I raise my bleeding feet, leaned it on my other leg as I look at the peices of small glass darted on my skin and I look around to see if there's something to help it stop from bleeding but then I remembered, how can I walk with this situation? I have a broken leg, bleeding feet I can thought of me getting caught up again by Callhan with this situation but then again I need to save myself and the baby inside me.

I gathered my things, with a difficult of walking in balance making sure I take the phone inside my poket I walk towards the room, grabbing my IDs and important things, a pair of shirts and dress in a packbag I then wear the slings in my shoulder as I groaned in pain walking in pace to the door of the apartment. 

I dialed Dian, my friend and ask her to pick me up and said I will explain whatever it is happening, she knew what was Callhan doing when he's drunk and she was not happy of my decision moving in with him in his apartment but being the lovesick and naive girl that I am, left everything and pushed everyone away just to protect my abusive ex-boyfriend who promised me before that he would give me the world and I was too foolish to believe that he would because in reality, no one will.