2. Family

I figure out that Callahan will not come home eventually, late than he usually does when he is blowing off some steam after our fight earlier so I took maybe take hours to visit our house, temporarily escape from this shitty apartment, and here I am standing in front of my old supposed to be home. I smiled sadly as I played my fingers in my nails and stare at the gates. The house seems dark and unhappy. I click my tongue before walking towards the gate, sighing heavily as my heart is pounding fast the closer I get into the gates.

I look up and the beside the gate, a wall where the doorbell was located, I press the button and waited. I heard a voice. It was my step mom's shouting. I can hear the footsteps approaches the gates, and the gate opened. Her eyes widen and hug me real tight, my brows furrowed as I can hear her sobbing in my shoulder. After a few seconds, she let go of me and then look at me straight in the eyes.

"Thank god, you are finally here!" she said like she's delighted to see me in person, she wipe the tears on her face before looking at me from head to toe, as her brows furrowed looking at me with curiosity, she probably can saw the scars and bruises, I smiled a little to hide the awkwardness I feel as we stood face to face, I can see the sadness in her eyes and she looks problematic. Well, who doesn't? my father is missing in action because of what happened and my brother is nowhere to be found. Maureen guided me towards the mansion, I smiled sadly as I can recall the memories from the past where my mother is still alive, I took a glance at the set of table and chair beside the fountain where me and my mother used to sit as we wait for our father to come home from the office.

Memories, it was all just a memories from the past. I sigh as we reach the front door, roaming my eyes around and I saw that almost of the things here are not in their usual position when I left the mansion, most of the things are new and the piano of my mother was gone. 

Maureen must have notice my expression, she smiled shyly as she look at me and then offered the couch. I sat there with curiousity on to where was the most of things here have gone. "Where's my mother's piano?" I asked her after a couple of seconds of silence, she looks at me and then to where the piano used to be where I can see a small table and book shelf, it's cute but where is the piano? "Ah! your mother's piano? your brother said that it's no use since your mother is dead he took care of it himself even I said it's okay if it stays there," she explained, I clenched my fist.

"Where did he put it?" I asked Maureen, she shake her head before answering. "I don't know," she answered. "What happened?" she asked directly without have second thoughts on what will be her answer on my question I just want this to be over. "Your father owed someone, he got addicted into poker and a guy in the casino said that he is looking for a wife to produce him an heir, the man saw your picture and said he wants you as the payment instead," Maureen said, I clenched my fist and sigh heavily. What more aches me is this, they will call me if they need something as if I was some disgrace or a stupid or its maybe I did something embarrassing on the name of the family which I don't remember any since I left the mansion I forgot the duties and social responsibilities that I used to go and attend since the fund of my mother was under my name my father can't just take it without my consent since I am in a legal age which why he would take it if mother left him a fortune?

"What did father said?" I asked her, Maureen shake her head as if saying that he didn't agree. "He didn't agree, he said he will pay them half but then your father failed and the man sad that if you don't go your father will be in danger," Maureen said with tears in her eyes. I sigh heavily slightly glad that he didn't allowed me to be the payment in his debt but I need to talk to that person. 

"Give me the adress," I said and wait for her to start scrubbling but she just stood there with wide eyes staring at me as if she was shock to hear me ask for the adress. I look at her trying to understand that despite all the issues and misunderstanding she's still my father's wife and he is my father by blood maybe if I asked him the terms all will be fine since I am no longer in debt with my life for the sake of my daughter to scape the shit hole I have been in years.

"Are you sure?" Maureen asked, I nodded my head reassuring her that it's fine and I can handle this situation all I need is for things to get done and think about the consequences later and deal with another bullshit.

Maureen grab her phone as she was scrolling maybe to find an specific details she then handed md her phone showing me the address.

"Could you send it to me?" I asked her, she pursed her lips and nod her head as a response with a wary expression in her face. "You don't have to do--" I cut her out, there's no use saying I shouldn't because she asked for it in the first place.

"Its okay, he's my father.. After all," I said, stoping between lines as if it sounded bitter off my tongue. After Maureen sent me the address I walk outside the door and then pass the gate, Maureen walk with me until the gates and I called for a cab on the way to the address that she gave me.

Looking at my phone as I thought of it, maybe this is way for me to leave Callhan, I caress my belly and sighed heavily trying not to tear up when the cab stop in front of us I opened the door and step inside, muttering the address to the driver I didn't bother saying goodbye to Maureen since we are not that close for me to bother and I don't want to add bitterness again, it would sound more awkward than I expected.

The driver talk about his life but none of it was catching my attention since I was busy to think of what could be the possible reason that dad got addicted into poker and what happened to the company?

My attention was called by the driver, I purse my lips and pay for the fee before stepping out the car, the taxi drive away as soon as I stood straight on the ground, looking up to see a tall building with a gold and bold letters in MGC.

I sighed heavily before stepping, not minding with the way I look and how should I approach the lady on the front desk I decided to walk straight into the front desk to ask for information about the certain Dark Mortez.

"Hi!" I greeted the lady sitting in a swivel chair looking at me m, probably wondering what is a poor lady dressed in jacket doing inside saying hi to her. "Can I ask if Dark Montez is here?" I said, crossing my fingers, she look at me before answering.

"Do you have any appointment?" she asked mr, I shake my head. "Uhm.. I would just like to-" before I could finish she cut me off.

"Look, miss, Sir Montez is busy as of this moment, if you don't have any appointment you can go," she said, I bite my lower lip frustrated of the situation. A man in suit came near me with a smile on his face.

"Sir Montez is waiting for you," he said, I nodded my head bowing a little. Finally!

"Follow me," he said before leading the way to the elevator. He pressed the up button and I roamed my eyes as I stood behind him waiting for the door to open. "Do you want anything? Sir Montez said that if you're hungry or need anything it should be cater immediately," he said, glancing at me it was an humble offer but I refused.

"I'm fine, I just need to talk to him," I said. The door opened and we step inside. "If you say so," he just answered as the elevator door closes.

Alright, let's see what is this man has to offer, I hope I can beg or ask him to spare my father's life.