1. The interview

( Story is in y/n pov unless stated otherwise)
Sorry if there's an grammar mistakes etc

I wake up extremely nervous, extremely being the understatement of the century. Today I have a job interview at no other than Romanoff management Ltd, an exquisite asset management firm that's responsible for investing clients money. Exquisite also being the understatement of the century; Romanoff management is the one of the biggest and most successful firms around, people travelling from around the world just to place their money in the company's hands, and to top it all off it's one of the hardest jobs to get because of its renowned reputation.

"You've got this" I mumble looking at myself in the mirror.

As much as my nerves rattle me, I'm nothing if not prepared; studying my ass of for 5 years to get to a position where I'd even be considered to work in such a place. I topped my class and I'm driven, I just hope that the interviewer sees it that way.

..........

Glass and concrete trail all the way up the building and it has four large revolving doors, it's a single tower probably 20 stories with a huge 'Romanoff management Ltd' sign at the top.

My heels produce a low pitched tap on the tiled floor as I make my way to the front desk, where the women gives me instructions on where to go. I press the button for the 18th floor to where I'm supposed to meet the interviewer which is interesting because it's the highest floor. The elevator door dings and slowly opens to reveal a luxurious floor with an open floor plan with very few desks, this floor screams expensive, it is a shame it's surrounded by concrete walls because the view up here would be insane.

I walk up to one of the first desks infront of the elevator and am met with a young man probably around the age of me.

"Hi I'm so sorry to disturb you, I'm completely lost, I'm here for an interview"

"Oh no worries" he states calmly "the boss ladies office is down the end" he moves his hand nonchalantly towards the end of the level to large black double doors.

"Oh I'm here for an interview" I question

"Yeah the boss lady does all the interviews" he chuckles seeing the wave of anxiety wash over me.

Im going to be interviewed by the one and only Natasha Romanoff, CEO of the firm, if I was nervous before I'm not sure there's an emotion to use for what I feel now. The walk to the 'boss ladies' office was by far the longest walk, with every step it seemed the office doors were longer away. Mentally preparing myself I take a deep breath and knock on the door, in which I receive no answer. I mentally tick the boxes in my head; yes I'm on time, yes this is the right office, so I knock again. The door abruptly opens in which a red head with a scowl on her face holds a phone to her ear.

"Yeah I'm gonna have to call you back Frank" she speaks into the phone her tone laced with frustration, as she stares what seems to be into my soul. She brings the phone down from her ear and looks me up and down.

"Interns aren't supposed to be up here" she says keeping the searing eye contact.

"I'm sorry to have interrupted your phone call, I'm y/n, I'm here for the interview" I respond politely, trying not to get off on the wrong foot but my attempts may be too late. A mix of surprise and guilt wash over her just for a second until her usual scowl is fixed back on her face. In all honesty she was hot, which I already knew from my google search on her, but photos really didn't do her justice. She had long auburn curls that cascaded over her shoulders, eyes the colour of green, the type of green you'd see in rainforests and her lips, heavenly. She was a goddess to say the least.

"Your late and I hate late" she states in a mater-of-fact manner while moving aside to let me into her office.

"I'm sorry, I thought the interview was at 9, I must have been mistaken" I reply calmly although I'm utterly embarrassed, walking In slow and calm like picking up my pace will show her how nervous I am.