Ch. 1➖The Adarna

"No! That's not a deal!" the old man raised his voice as he snatched the roll of olive green satin fabric that my sister has been trying to haggle from him

"Oh come on, I bought a red one last week for only 1 silver coin. Please, for your best customer?" Anea, my sister, smiled at the man, while trying to grab the fabric back.

"1 silver and 1 copper coin or it's not a deal!" the man said holding the fabric tighter.

I nudged my sister a bit to tell her to stop this already. She's been negotiating with this man for a while now and I've already grown tired from walking and shopping for all our necessities for this week. However, she eyed me in return and she returned her gaze to the man who already have a scowl on his face.

"How about this, 2 silver coins for that fabric, but you would include this roll of weaving?" Anea reached out for another roll of fabric.

The man sighed. "ugh fine!" the man grabbed both of the rolls and tied them together to make it easier to carry. "You know, your family is rich! Probably the richest in the region, and yet you're the stingiest person I have ever encountered." the man scowled once more as he harshly handed me the products, and I groaned due to the impact. However, my sister was still smiling for her victory.

"Well, I guess you already know the family's secret to success!" I said sarcastically as Anea handed him the two silver coins.

"Let's head home. I don't think we could carry anymore." Anea grunted. I rolled my eyes at her request since the biggest parcel we have are the things she bought.

But as we were walking along the aisle of stalls on our way to our house, a pair of shoes caught my eyes.

I went closer to them, leaving Anea's side.

"What color should I get? These green ones or these brown pair?" I squealed showing both the pairs to Anea, who followed me towards the stall.

"Maia, you just bought a new pair last week. I don't think you'll need another one." Anea scolded me while picking up the bags and parcels I dropped.

"But Anea, we still have budget left for this." I gave her my famous puppy dog eyes..

"Having money for such things doesn't mean you also need to buy it. Now come on, Jai is waiting for us." she handed me the bags back probably thinking that the mere mention of our brother's name would stop me.

"But Anea... Look it would match perfectly with the fabrics you just bought." I tried convincing her since she's the one who's entrusted with our money for this trip. Jai doesn't ever trust me with our budget and I don't have slightest idea why.

"Well, I'm going to make table runners. So, unless you want to match with the furnitures then go ahead." she chuckled.

"ugh! You're impossible! I hate you. " I placed the shoes back to the rack.