Ch. 2➖The Invitation

Jai Consus of Broonswork

We are pleased to inform you that you have been chosen to join our pool of Entrants from which the Vessels will be chosen.

We will be waiting for your arrival here at Endrel's Capitol not later than the midnight of the 2nd Super Full Moon of this year.

Refuse to adhere to this invitation would result to dire consequences.

Sincerely,

Tremon of Endrel
Master Keeper

Jai read aloud the message written on the parchment attached to the bird's leg

"You've been chosen!" Maia exclaimed excitedly giving our older brother a tight hug but his face shows a different reaction.

"How can I even believe this? Entrants? Vessel? This bird?" Jai pointed at the bearer of the message who seems to be listening to our conversation.

"But brother, look!" Maia giddily said while trying to point out something on the parchment but the bird screeched even before she was able to touch it.

I tried stopping Maia from getting close to the parcel, knowing the reaction the bird would make since the whole reason why Jai was reading it aloud earlier was because the bird refuses anyone else other than the recipient to even touch it or its parcel. A thing we regrettably realized after Maia tried to detach the letter from its legs which gained her a slap from its wings. The bird however looked at Jai, and bowed its head signalling us that Jai can come closer.

"I mean, look at the recepient, they actually know your name. So how the heck would people from Endrel, a small country in the north, know your name?" Maia explained while stepping to make distance between her and the parchment.

"You may be oblivious to reality, little sister. I would like to inform you that I'm really that good looking. So, it wouldn't be impossible for people in Endrel to actually know who I am." Jai sarcastically said which resulted for both Maia and I to show a face of disgust.

"But, what about the caution at the end of the letter? Are we going to take it lightly?" I asked which caused the bird to screech once again but unlike the earlier intensity, this time it seems that it's trying to voice out its concern.

We all look at the bird with uneasiness.

Jai sighed. "Look, let's say that this is all real and I actually joined the Entrants, what will happen to both of you then?"

Maia and I looked at each other and it dawn on us the reality in case that Jai would leave us. A look of concern plastered on both of our faces.

"I don't even know how long I will be gone or will I be able to return." He added.