A Fallen Morning Star

June 2006

Satoru Gojo cursed and shouted. "Dani!"

"I think it looks good on me." The girl, Maboroshi Danika chimed and held his glasses up to inspect before placing back on her face. She could hear his footsteps thunder towards them. She fastened his jacket that was too tight around her chest. She didn't have long. "Better than they do on you, Satoru... Nanami, look! 'I'm Gojo Satoru, I'm the strongest'." Dani dipped her chin down so amber eyes peered over the glasses and threw the the blonde boy, a wink.

"That is a terrible idea, Maboroshi."

Shoko laughed, "That's a good impression, Maboroshi."

"Yeah, I can't tell the difference. Oh, yeah. I can, you look better that Satoru does." Geto nodded, bringing up his phone and snapped a photo of Dani posing with a peace sign next to her fellow classmate. Nanami swatted at Dani with the report he was filling out.

Danika Moboroshi smile grew brighter and a faint blush dusted her cheeks at the compliment. "Don't I? Thanks, Suguru. And people call Gojo, the ladies' man." Gojo had her in a arm lock in no time and Dani was too busy giggling to fend for herself from the older boy. A click told her that Geto took another picture.

Gojo extracted his glasses off of her face and admitted. "You do look good but who would want a shrewd woman who spends her time off gaming, shopping and reading trashy dollar store romance novels. Now, I want you to take off my jacket."

"Oi-!" Dani protested. "So bossy and rude... You'll never keep a girlfriend like that but I guess that's why you have Suguru."

Gojo twisted Dani's arm and she hissed in pain but a sight over Gojo's shoulders caught her sight. "Yaga sensei! Gojo is bullying me!"

A fist came down hard on the white haired boy and their teacher started to scold Gojo about unity and teamwork. Dani slipped the jacket off and set it on the table. "My job here is done! Akio and Minato should be back from his mission and we have CoD3 with Kyoto school. Bye bye!"

Dani high-fives Geto and Shoko as she was leaving the kitchen. "You're a menace." Nanami called after her.

"Why thank you, Nanami."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"Dr. King to consultation room 5."

Danika cursed from her spot in the on call room's bed. She was only there for what felt like a minute, lost in happier memories from another life... Dani felt drained from the long shift but hauled herself up to her feet. She brushed her hair and drew the hair back up into a bun. She sighed but headed to the consultation room. A nurse waited in front of the door and Dani tilted her head at Rory. "Yes?"

"Some people are here asking about a couple of your patients."

"Okay?" Dani murmured. She took the folders offered and flicked through them to see the names as she followed Rory.

"They'll be here in 30 minutes..." He trailed off, nervously.

"So, I could've stayed on break for another 30 minutes but you called me now?" Dani asked. I could still be asleep, right now... After a long shift, it would've been welcomed. There was a flash of red anger that she tamed. "Whatever, fine. Are we meeting in here?"

"Yes." Rory squeaked.

"Good, send them in when they get here." Danika ordered and entered the small room. The consultation room was a small room with a couch and seat across from it. A small cabinet in the corner with a sink and box of gloves. This wasn't meant to be an exam room, more of a quiet room to talk to the family of the patient. Most of the time, the things discussed were dark and solum. Nothing good came out from this room. She sat in the seat and opened the files to get an idea of what questions she needed to answer. All of these patients were from the local high school. Nothing odd, sports injuries in varying degrees. The worst being a comatose patient that suffered brain trauma due to a car/bus accident in the parking lot. The only concerning thing was the increasing frequency.