Filling in the Blanks

December 2007

"Do you remember anything, miss? Your name?"

She shook her head, wordlessly. She wanted to scream but couldn't.

"Anything about how you fell off of a cliff? Why you were at the old hospital?"

Danika trembled. Blood. That's what she remembers, lots of blood. Blood, flesh and Aiko. The two special grades... Rage. How? Why? Kept revolving in her head but always cycled back to the same answer. Someone wanted her dead. Someone wanted her dead enough that they were willing to kill others to ensure her own death. Yu and Aiko... That kept her from giving a manager's number to her doctor. Again, she shook her head.

"Okay. We will let you rest."

"We will come back tomorrow."

Dani watched them leave and sank deeper in her bed, feeling empty. "Hey, JD. How are you feeling?"

Another day full of more tests.

Dani waved.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"Why in all the stories over all of the years did it fail for you to tell me how pretty he was."

"Geto was prettier." Dani chimed. Pouring two proper glasses of wine and sidestepped Gojo's  stuck out foot to pass one to Angelica. "Geto was prettier. In a more achievable way? Gojo is too pretty to be real and the second he opened his mouth, he ruins it. Or does something... Gojo, give me my phone back."

"Got it." Angelica waved to them. "I'm off! Don't destroy the house."

"Hey!"

"You broke the password?" Danika asked. She tried to put aside her annoyance at Angelica. She bought this damned house. If she wanted to destroy it, she would but she didn't. She could take out her built up annoyance on Gojo Satoru.

"Crazy what money can do, Dani." Gojo answered as he peaked in her pantry. She snatched her phone from his hand. Dani couldn't help but to smile with fondness. Just like that Gojo brought her back ten years just by calling her, 'Dani'. Everything felt right and as it should be. As if she never left. "Who is S?"

"Someone."

"Really? So, S stands for someone?"

"Sure does, Satoru."

"Man, keeping secrets early on."

"Satoru, my kids are with this Someone and they are safe with this someone." Danika pointed out. She hugged the towel closer, shivering. That someone being Geto Suguru but she didn't even want to think about him in case Gojo could sniff it out. "So, yeah. I'm not elaborating on who it is."

"Fine, fine." Dani smacked his hands as he went for Mya's snacks. She pointed to the top shelf where she kept her own snack and sweet stash. Gojo threw her, a wink and passed her a Swiss roll. "America has great sweets! Tons of sugar! Back on the subject of coming back-."

"Swiss roll and wine only mix in certain desperate situations but if you can pass me that chocolate bar?"

"Yeah, I wouldn't know. I don't like alcohol."

"So, you're a light weight. Good to know."

"Rude." Gojo bumped his shoulder against Dani on his way with his haul to the living room. "Quit changing the subject. Anyway, I told Nanami that you are alive. He should be here in the morning. Now that Nanami knows that you're alive. He will definitely tell. He won't let you fade back into the shadows."

Danika's mouth dropped open in surprise. She followed him, struggling to string a question together. So, she dropped in the spot next to Satoru. "What? Why?"