twelve | GRASS HELPS YOU THINK

PERCY WAS DEFINITELY A DEMIGOD. His AD/HD while waiting for Annabeth was crazy. Val from beside him was silently wondering if he was about to have a seizure.

She didn't know much about this Oracle. At Camp Jupiter, they had Octavian (insert vomit noise). He could supposedly see the future by disembowelling children's teddy bears. He was annoying. Extremely annoying. Literally no one liked him. He was obsessed with power. He constantly tried to unearth secrets and insecurities about people to blackmail them.

He had accidentally figured out Val's secret when she had tried to steal Reyna's dagger. She had used her magic on Jason, and Octavian had seen. However, she had threatened him, and to her surprise, it had worked. He must've been scared of her.

Until Val's trial.

Then, Octavian had suddenly decided he needed Val for "Octavian's Master Plan". He had exposed her secret to Reyna and had exposed a little of his plan. Apparently, Octavian had suspicions of a society for Greek demigods. He needed someone to search for it, and Val didn't have a choice. It was either go on this hunt for Greeks or get her head chopped off. Val rather liked her head, so she chose the other option.

And so Valentine had journeyed for many a month, only to find herself in a camp full of wild rule breakers who wore the brightest coloured shirts on the planet. She didn't mind it though. This place was more of a home than Camp Jupiter ever was.

And here, she actually had friends. Nobody had liked her at Camp Jupiter. Bryce had only used her. At Camp Half-Blood, she had Grover, Juniper, Tyson, Annabeth, most of the Hermes cabin and more. And Percy, who at this point was so restless he got up and started walking in circles.

He paced the arena and Val got up to ask him a question. "How long do we have to wait for?" she asked.

"Uh," Percy answered. "It sort of depends." It was clear that Val wasn't going to get a straight answer from him, so she settled for pacing with him. She was AD/HD too, so she didn't mind. And, if it was enough to make Percy worried, Val, began to worry as well.

However, everyone else seemed relatively calm. Mrs. O'Leary ate her lunch, which consisted of a hundred pounds of ground beef and several dog biscuits the size of trash-can lids. Chiron was deep in conversation with Quintus and Argus. It looked like they were disagreeing about something. Quintus kept shaking his head. On the other side of the arena, Tyson and the Stoll brothers were racing miniature bronze chariots that Tyson had made out of armor scraps.

Val still had no idea what was going on. All she knew was that she had to wait for Annabeth with everyone else. She just stuck with Percy, as it was either that or be left alone. Percy exited the arena and Val followed. He then stopped and stared across the fields at the Big House. Val's body was buzzing after walking around so much and suddenly stopping. Percy looked worried.

"What's-" Val's question was cut off.

"Valentine,"  a girl whispered. "Percy."

They both turned. Juniper the nymph was standing in the bushes. It was strange how she almost turned invisible when she was surrounded by plants.

She gestured the duo over urgently. "You need to know: Luke wasn't the only one I saw around that cave."

"What do you mean?" Val asked.

She glanced back at the arena. "I was trying to say something, but he was right there."

"Who?" Percy asked, looking over at the arena.

"The sword master," she said. "He was poking around the rocks."

Percy raised his eyebrows. "Quintus? When?"