ᴘᴀʀᴛ ꜰᴏᴜʀ ᴏꜰ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

He tried to ignore his friend but failed, as he walked around the table to face him. ''I thought that was you.'' He smirked. ''We haven't heard from you in a while.''

''Sorry, man.'' He forced himself to smile, hoping it'll make him go away faster. ''I've been busy.''

His friend's eyes fell to you. ''I can see that.''

Ransom put his arm around your shoulders protectively, his heart was pounding in his chest and he had trouble breathing.

''I'll catch up with you later.'' Ransom told him, hoping he'd get the hint.

He didn't.

His friend took his phone out of his pocket and checked the date before putting it back in. He stared at you for a few seconds and smirked again.

''Well, I'll be damned. I guess we all owe you 2k.''

Ransom stopped breathing. No, no, no, no, no.

You frowned and looked at his friend, then at Ransom.

''2k for what?''

His friend chuckled. ''Should I tell her, or do you want to?''

Ransom's jaw clenched. ''Shut up.'' He hissed through gritted teeth.

''Tell me what?!'' You were starting to lose patience at the way Ransom's friend talked about you like you weren't sitting right there in front of him.

''Over two months ago, we made a dare with Ransom.'' He started.

''Shut the hell up.'' Ransom repeated, louder and more aggressively.

You held your hand up, having a really bad feeling. ''Let him finish.''

''We saw a pretty little thing sitting alone in a restaurant while her friends left her, looking all sad. We bet Ransom that he had two months to make her fall in love with him and if he did he'd get 1k. He doubled the bet saying that she looked so lonely, he could do it easily. He was right.'' He looked you over. ''You look sickeningly in love with him.''

Your hand fell on your lap, speechless. All this time, you were nothing more than a bet to him. An easy way to make money. The man that had more money than he could ever spend, made you fall in love for money he didn't even need. You felt sick to your stomach, humiliated and disgusted.

You slowly stood up and took your coat and phone, you walked away without looking at Ransom. You put on your coat once you were outside, your hands were shaking and you had trouble breathing. You felt like someone had just ripped your heart out from your chest. It took you 3 tries before you managed to order an Uber, your eyes kept filling up with tears and it made your vision blurry.

Ransom felt completely powerless as he watched you learn the truth. Part of it, anyway. His heart broke at the same time yours did, the pain so intense he wanted to scream.

His friend looked at him with a smile, completely clueless as to what he had just done. ''That's taking care of, your Friday nights are free again. You should come with me, I was just leaving to go meet the others.''

Taking his coat from the back of his chair, Ransom stood up and got into his friend's face. ''You just took away the one good thing I've ever had in my life. You hurt the only person I've ever loved and I am going to make sure that your life is a fucking nightmare.'' He hissed, a few inches away from his face. ''You just made the biggest mistake of your life.''

Ransom quickly walked away, putting his coat on and pushing the door open. He looked around and saw you standing at the edge of the sidewalk, staring blankly ahead. He jogged over to you.