HASTINAPUR AND KALA PRADARSHAN

Karna reached Hastinapur after a few days of traveling and went directly home. He saw his mother was busy preparing food. He called.

Karna : Radha maa.

Radha turned around hearing her name. She saw Her son standing behind her. Seeing him she immediately recognised him as her son who has returned after getting his education. Karna immediately came and hugged her mother. Radha was crying in his embrace Karna too hugged her tightly. He remembered his regret of being unable to see when he was about to die at the foot of Mahendragiri. Radha too felt her son's restlessness. They parted and Radha truly saw her son. He has grown from a teenager to a handsome young man.

Radha : Putra, you have taken so many years to return, did you forget about your Mata.

Karna : No mother, how could I forget you, it was just my education that took too long to complete. Don't worry now I am not going anywhere.

Radha and Karna talked the whole afternoon. Karna has placed his head on her lap like he used to do when he was a child. Radha was also caressing his hair. They both talked a lot. At the time of sunset karna left the house for his pooja and returned back to his home. He again rested his head in his mother's lap. They were so busy talking that they didn't feel Adhiratha entering the house. Adhiratha came and saw his wife was caressing a young man who was peacefully resting on her lap. He immediately understood that his wayward son had returned. He came to them and placed his hands on Karna's head too. Radha seeing this hand was surprised. Karna immediately stood up and saw his father. He immediately touched his feet and hugged him.

Karna : I have missed you Pitashree.

Adhiratha : Me too Putra.

The family then talked. Then Radha arranged dinner. During dinner Adhiratha has finally asked the question that was bugging him.

Adhiratha : Putra, now that you have completed your education, what are you going to do in the future for your living?

Karna : Pitashree I want to be like you Pitashree. I am your son so I will also be a charioteer.

Karna's reply has shocked his parents. They both knew their son has always wanted to be a warrior then what has happened.

Radha (worried) : What happened to you Putra?

Karna (smiles) : Nothing happened mata.

Adhiratha (seriously) : Karna, tell me clearly were you unable to attain the knowledge you wanted to gain?

Karna : No Pitashree I have attained the knowledge. That too from Bhagwan Parshuram.

Adhiratha : Then why do you want to be a charioteer? You always wanted to be a warrior.

Karna : Several things have happened to Pitashree, I won't go into details but I have decided to not lift weapons. So I want to be a charioteer and I am your son Pitashree don't worry, I haven't forgotten what you have taught me.

Radha and Adhiratha are shocked to hear Karna's reply. They know it must be something huge that his son has decided to never lift weapons but they can clearly see that their son does not want to talk about it so they let the matter go.

Adhiratha : Okay come  with me tomorrow, I will ask Mahamahim to find a suitable job for you.

Karna : Ji Pitashree.

The family ended their dinner and went to sleep. The next morning Karna woke up and did his pooja and returned home. He was going to accompany his father to meet Gangaputr Bheeshma so he has hid his movements and posture so that Bheeshma couldn't probably guess that he was a warrior. He did all he could but he wasn't sure if he could fool the experienced eyes of Bheeshma. The family ate breakfast and the father-son duo went to the palace. They went to the palace stable and Adhiratha took out the chariot and to the palace stairs to wait for Bheeshma.