𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

It's funny how he only feels like a person when thousands of people are watching him

It's funny how he only feels like a person when thousands of people are watching him. Funny how he could be breaking down or drunkenly stumbling or screaming at the top of his lungs for help, and no one would even notice as long as he's still singing. All those people came to hear him sing, but how many actually listened to his words?

Truthfully, the sad boy persona worked well for Ezra and his career. He used it as a means to get over his heartbreak, sold a couple hundred thousand albums, and capitalized on his pain. But no one ever told him that immortalizing his breakup would make it nearly impossible to ever escape it on stage.

Again, it's funny how he only feels alive when he's up there. As much as he hates reliving all those emotions, the adrenaline and high he feels after a show nearly always makes up for it. Tonight, of course, is that reminder that he needs to be up there, needs to be making music and performing if he has any chance of making it past twenty-seven.

The fact that he's able to remain relatively sober and put on a stellar show is cause enough for celebration, and, truthfully, Ezra needs to let off some steam. No one is going to tell him to watch his liquor or usage tonight, especially with how high spirits are. So, of course, he's all on board for a group outing to one of Chicago's most exclusive clubs.

He admittedly hasn't spent much time in a group setting with the boys and all of girlcrush, but it's clear that Jude and Ambrose are more than cordial with them. While he had been sulking in the suite, they had been making friends.

Granted, he doesn't feel left out for long. Once the group arrives at the club, everyone seems to branch off. Sloane and Daria disappeared with Billie almost immediately to dance. Ambrose and Skylar were off hooking up in some corner, while Jude seemed entirely preoccupied with Callie. That left Ezra in a fairly good position for the beginning of the night to stir some trouble.

Though a few drinks and lines were his usual nightly escapades, the male found himself centered on an additional objective tonight. His eyes tracked the blonde to the dance floor, watching as she swayed her hips to the beat. It's entirely intoxicating the way she moves her body. He hasn't seen her let loose quite like this, which, of course, is something he's hoping to benefit from.

As the night grows later, the male finds himself in desperate need of a cigarette and some fresh air. He's spent a majority of his evening crowded by some very attractive women and an unending supply of vodka, but his inability to keep track of time causes him to assume that everyone has gone home for the night.

He slips out the backdoor, the brisk air immediately cooling him off. Though it's the beginning of summer, it's clear the midwest hasn't quite warmed up yet. Truthfully, Ezra prefers the cold.

His fingers grasp for a cigarette nestled in his pack before moving to light it. As he takes a draw, three girls stumble out of the club. Ezra tries to stop the devilish grin forming upon his features at the sight of their familiar faces.