𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

The beginning of their date goes more smoothly than expected

The beginning of their date goes more smoothly than expected. It doesn't take much time to get downtown and into the bar. As promised, Billie is wearing her cowboy boots she'd bought out in Sedona years ago with her parents. It reminds her of home in a strange sort of way.

"Can I get you a drink?" He offers with a warm smile.

"Tequila soda, please," she replies, "I'm gonna go get in line for the bull."

"Not even here for fifteen minutes and you're already trying to show everyone up," Monte teases as Billie nods. He offers a quick squeeze to her hand before heading to the bar.

As she waits behind a handful of people, Billie can't help the way her eyes wander over his figure as he leans against the wooden bar and orders. Even from across the room, it's clear that Monte radiates a cool and charismatic energy. There's something so captivating about it that Billie nearly loses her place in line. 

As he turns back in her direction, the femme quickly averts her attention to the bull as she fidgets with the waistband of her Levi's. "Were you just checking me out?" He questions from behind her with a tone that nearly makes Billie's knees weak.

She attempts to stop the blush forming across her cheeks as she turns towards him once more. Her hand reaches for the glass before placing the straw between her lips. Hell, she'd need a few more of these if she wanted to stop being so nervous around him.

"Maybe I was," she offers with an aloof shrug.

"You're blushing," he points out, fingers moving to tuck a stray blonde tress behind her ear.

"So are you," she replies, noting the way the flush runs across the bridge of his nose.

"There's not much you don't do that makes me blush," he offers with a shameless laugh, "I may turn red as a tomato when you're up on that bull."

Before she can reply, a man calls for the next rider. In their shameless flirting, Billie hardly realizes they've made it to the front. The operator offers her a cowboy hat, which she places on her head before getting on top of the machine. "Good luck!" Monte calls out, and her heart nearly leaps out of her chest.

She offers a thumbs up to the operator before flashing a smile at Monte, who is currently resting on the fence separating the crowd from the bull. As the machine begins to move, Billie angles her hips with whatever direction it dips. The bull moves frantically around for a few minutes before finally bucking her into the foam panels below.

Before she can sit up, Monte is already reaching out his hand to help her stand. "Damn, you put everyone to shame," he offers with a laugh.

"Told you I was good at riding," she beams before moving to stand up and wipe off the back of her jeans.

"You don't have to tell me what I already know," he replies cheekily, and Billie can feel her core knot. God, how is he this smooth?

He reaches for the cowboy hat resting on her head and places it on his. "Now, watch a real cowboy at work."