Ice

"What do you mean, Son?" Odin asked nervously.

"I need something from Asgard, Father."

"What do you need?"

"I remember you showing it to me and Thor when we were younger.  The Casket of Ancient Winters."

"No, Loki.  I cannot allow you to touch that?"

"Father, it appears as though we are facing a creature of fire.  We need to counteract that.  The Casket is the perfect weapon.  Once this creature is subdued, then it shall be returned to Asgard's treasury."

"I cannot let you touch it Loki."

"Do you not trust me, Father?"

Haldir and Thor exchanged uncomfortable looks.

"It is too great a power for you to wield, Son.  I am trying to protect you."

"Then you leave me to my alternative." And Loki vanished.

"I do not like the sound of that." Said Thor.
~~~~~~~~~
All the players were in place and Folred had written the note.  They had only need to place it in the statues mouth, however, Loki still had not returned.  Frigga paced nervously.

"We should tell him the truth.  This has gone on long enough." She whispered to Odin.

"Quiet! We are not alone.  I fear even Thor suspects we are hiding something."

"Secrets always find the light of day."

"What was I supposed to do? You know what would happen if he ever placed hands upon the Casket."

"And you know our son.  When you tell him he cannot do something, he always finds a way to do it anyway."

"King Loki has returned." A guard came running. Loki was in deep conversation with a man who nodded and walked away.

"My son, where have you been?" asked Odin.

"Just covering my options, Father. Pardon me if I keep some things to myself, for everyone's protection. Now, are we ready?"

Loki seemed cold. 

"Yes, Sire." Said Haldir. "We will leave and go our separate ways and that will be when Folred places the note in the statues mouth.  My men, all hand-picked by me, have already taken position around each of the servants' homes.  Your brother, father and I will wait with you and Heimdall in Thor's chambers."

"Excellent." The man returned and whispered in Loki's ear.  Loki smiled.  "Well done." Turning back to Haldir. "Let us proceed."
~~~~~~~~~
In Thor's chambers, Thor walked up to Loki. "Brother, who was that man?" Loki simply smiled.

"The less you know, Thor, the better.  Let us just say he is one of my subjects."

"I do not like when you are so clandestine, Brother."

"My apologies, but it will all become clear if and when our plan is executed successfully." Loki walked over to Heimdall. 

Thor mumbled to Haldir. "I still do not like it."

"Neither do I, but I trust my King.  He only has our best interests at heart." But even Haldir could sense a change in Loki.

Heimdall spoke. "Folred has placed the note in the dragon's mouth."

"Now, we wait.  Let us see who collects it."

There was a loud explosion.

"Sir!" A guard came running in. "There has been a bombing in the marketplace!"