Chapter 10: Ryloth PT3

~Location: Lessu, Ryloth Capitol~

Colonel Jaune Arc of the Fleet of Admiral Trench is now in charge of Lessu, the Twi'lek Capitol.

In the weeks following the fall of the Twi'lek Resistance and the death of Emir Tambor, a lot has changed around Ryloth, of course, for the better. Not only the new administration but also to improve the life of the Twi'leks.

Jaune has managed the reconstruction operations while maintaining control of the Twi'leks, but not as brutal or violent as former Emir Ryloth.

In Lessu, the Twi'leks load plenty of goods in the MMTs with TA-175 monitoring the process with the aid of the Droids. He monitors the datapad and calculates that about 15 MMTs full of goods are ready to deliver to Ryloth settlements.

The current governor of Ryloth Jaune Arc then transmitted the com.link. He accepts the transfer and before him emerges the holographic figure of Jaune.

"/Commander Tact, report of progress./"

Oh, Jaune has a given name, Tact, TA-175, a name appropriate for his tactical leadership. The tactical droid would not have a designation since his serial number was all right, but the Arc insisted that he give it one so he allowed him, now he is called by his nickname by the droids under his command.

Then the Tactical Droid reported, "All supplies, Governor, are ready. All 15 MMTs are ready to be released. I predicted each supply to each particular hamlet inside the MMT would last around one month in advance of supply."

"/This is what I love to hear, really excellent. The Securing of the Convoy will be the job of Commander Blitz." Tactical Droid was told by Jaune.

Speak of Blitz, after the last fight with the Twi'lek Resistance, that nickname was given to OOM-116.  He was nicknamed OOM-116, Blitz, because of how quickly the Droid could answer instructions from Jaune and also create his strategies, particularly how swiftly he came back to the capital Lessu to assist with the defense against the assault.

Tact nodded with recognition of the fact, "Very well, Governor," as his hands clasp together.

He waits a while before Jaune cuts communications and recalls something to discuss.

"By the way, who will be the next Governor, and when will he arrive?"

Tact informs him, "According to current knowledge, the future Governor of Ryloth would be Civil Engineer Hristo Tambor, a member of the Techno Union." He'll be here in a couple of weeks."

Tact observed a change in Jaune's stance, and indeed the final name of the Governor appears to pique his interest.

And certainly, the last name, Hristo Tambor, piqued Jaune's attention and concern, indicating that he could be a Skakoan, a relative of the previous Emir of Ryloth and Foreman of the Techno Union.

This troubled Jaune because if Hristo is anything like his brother, all of his work and effort will be undone and the situation will escalate. He can't do the same stunt he did with Wat Tambor; killing a high-ranking official is already troublesome for the Separatists, especially since it's a member of the Separatist Council; do it twice, and Jaune will be suspected of treason and arrested and executed for treason.

Still, Jaune shouldn't jump to conclusions yet but; perhaps this Skakoan is different from Wat Tambor, but the question is if it's different in a good or bad way.

As per Jaune's knowledge of Wat Tambor's race, they are a sentient species of humanoid mammals distinguished by their dependence on a bulky pressurized suit to survive away from their homeworld, Skako. The Skakoans were a xenophobic species that hardly left their homeworld unless strictly necessary.