10. reminiscing

In the morning, I awoke to the sweet smell of pancakes flowing through the air of Rory's bedroom. I rose out of bed and downstairs to the kitchen.

To my surprise, it was much more than pancakes. On the large dining table before me sat a breakfast buffet of chocolate chip pancakes, French toast, cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs, bacon, and several pieces of toast.

"Good morning, love. Did you sleep well?" He asked. "I hope you're hungry this morning." He added.

"I slept great. Rory... I think you got a little carried away." I laughed as I eyed all the food.

He shrugged. "Maybe. In my defense, I didn't know what you liked. So, now you have a variety to choose from."

"It's going to be hard for me to choose. You made all my favorites." I smiled.

"Eat as much as you want. My mom and Rina are already gone."

I didn't hear Ramona or Rina leave this morning. That's how I knew I must've slept exceptionally well.

Rory reached into the cabinet to get plates. He handed one to me, we filled them with our food choices.

"That was delicious. Thank you, Rory. It was sweet of you to fix me breakfast."

"It was my pleasure." He smiled.

We cleaned up the kitchen. I stood beside him as we loaded the dishwasher and wiped down the stove.

Rory and I spent the whole day together. We watched a few movies and snuggled up on the couch.

Eventually, we grew bored with being cooped up in the house. We got into Rory's car and left. He ended up taking me to on of his favorite places which was an hour drive. Sombrio Beach. Rory called it a secret beach. Later, he explained to me that not a lot of people knew it existed or rarely visited. The beach dragged on and the views were incredible.

Before we left the car, Rory grabbed a couple blankets from his backseat. He unfolded one and placed it in the sand so we could lay on it. The other ones, we wrapped around ourselves to keep warm.

Rory told me stories of how his father, Alexander used to take him and Roman fishing every Sunday morning. He was still upset with him, he acted as if he was disgusted mentioning him to me.

I rested my head on his chest, holding his hand. The soothing sound of his heartbeat along with the constant rush of the waves crashing together calmed me. It made me forget about the dreary things in life for a while.

Rory resumed telling me stories, as I lay tangled in his arms. When he finished, he wanted to hear some of mine. My stories wouldn't be nearly as great as his. Most of mine were embarrassing, which Rory was looking forward to hearing about.

I finally gave in and decided to amuse him for a while.

I told him how I used to act as a child. How stubborn I used to be, how I used to believe I was an actual princess because that's what my dad used to call me. Along with all of my other awful childhood nicknames, and some of my most embarrassing moments as a kid.

The sound of his laughter was the greatest thing in the world to hear. Especially since I knew he was going through a rough time with family stuff. It made me happy that I could make him laugh. I wanted more than anything to help him forget about things, even if it was only temporary.

"There's somewhere else I'd like to take you. It isn't too far from here."

"Alright. Let's go see it!" I smiled.

Right at sunset, Rory guided me down the coastline. We came to an opening in some trees with a pathway and a tiny stream flowing downward. We followed the stream for another five minutes and was greeted with a waterfall at the back of a moss-covered canyon.

I stared in awe at the serene beauty. It was like magic before my eyes. I'd never seen anything like it.

Rory smiled, staring deeply into my eyes as he stole a kiss from me.

The sun vanished and the moon rose. We were back on the beach still talking about our pasts and planning some of our future with each other. We discussed the possibility of moving in together once I graduated high school.

"Where did the time go?" I asked.

Rory shook his head. "It seems like we just left my house."

"I can't believe it's so late already. I should probably be heading home. I'm surprised my aunt hasn't called."

Rory nodded. "Right. I'll drive you home."

He grabbed my hand, leading me back to his car. As soon as we started driving and got back to the main road, the rain came crashing down.

It took longer for us to get to my house. Rory took extreme caution and care. The rain made it difficult for him to see out of the windshield.

We arrived safely at my house and stood on my front porch now, prolonging our goodbyes. I didn't want him to leave me. I always wanted to be with him. That was the funny thing about being with Rory. I could spend days upon days with him and I still craved more. I never needed my space like I did with other people. With Rory everything was different.

"I had a lot of fun today." Rory said, breaking the silence.

"I did too. I'm glad I got to spend the weekend with you."

Rory pulled me into a hug, placing a loving kiss on my forehead.

"Get some rest now, love." Rory whispered.

"Okay, I will. Be careful going home." I begged.

"I will, don't worry."

I stole the final farewell hug and kiss of the night before he left.

"I love you," Rory said, taking me by surprise.

I gazed at him. "I love you more." I confessed.

Rory smirked. "Impossible, you wish."

I turned around and began walking to the front door. Before I entered, I stared back at Rory. I waved, and went inside once he drove away.