𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼

ESMERALDA IS LEANING AGAINST A LOCKER, WAITING FOR JACKSON TO finish putting his books into the metal compartment. The blonde sees a familiar strawberry-blonde walk their way, "Lyd's coming", Esmeralda told the taller boy. Jackson gave her an annoyed look and she shrugged her shoulders, "We got on really well after one class together. So, be nice", she warned him.

"It's just—", the strawberry-blonde paused, "We haven't really talked since that night, and well—", Lydia cuts herself off, when she sees that Jackson isn't paying attention. Esmeralda gives a warm smile to the girl and Lydia smiles back at her before turning back to the Whittemore boy. "Jackson, can you, like, look at me for half a second?", Lydia snapped. Jackson sighs and turns around in a bored manner, "Listen, if you hadn't found me and carried me back, I could have died. So I just—", Lydia paused as she took a breath. "I wanted to say thank you", the Martin girl concluded.

Jackson glances at his best friend and then back to Lydia, he chuckles, "Lydia, we're not getting back together", the Whittemore boy told his ex-girlfriend coldly. Lydia's face faltered at the aggressiveness of Jackson, she replied with a quiet 'what?'. "And just because I kept you from bleeding out on a field once, don't expect me to come running every time you start screaming", Jackson explained harshly.

Esmeralda knew that there was a nicer way that Jackson could have said that. "I never said—", Lydia began to say but then the Whittemore boy cut the strawberry-blonde off.

"I'm not responsible for you", Jackson said to Lydia, you could tell that Lydia was getting upset and Esmeralda had noticed that. "Okay?", the blonde boy asked for confirmation. "But I—", Jackson sighs, "I will give you one piece of advice. If I were you, I'd stay home tonight".

Jackson started to walk away when Lydia turned around in confusion and Esmeralda shrugging her shoulders. "What does that mean?", the strawberry-blonde asked Jackson, "What's tonight?", she waits for him to respond.

Jackson chuckles coldly, "It's a full moon. See you later, Emmy", the Whittemore boy replies, walking off.

The blonde girl makes an excuse and starts walking down the hallway but gets bumped into a sprinting Scott McCall, "Sorry", he said, running to the front doors of the school. Esmeralda smiles, looking down.

Lydia looked towards the Anderson girl, "That's Allison's boyfriend, you know, Scott McCall", the strawberry-blonde revealed. She walked away leaving Esmeralda to quietly think to herself.

•••

Esmeralda Anderson walked into a stall of the female washroom and put the seat down and just sat on the toilet. She really didn't know why she was so upset that she was informed that Scott had a girlfriend but she had to get over it. She thought of WWFD – What Would Fiona Do? To be honest, Fiona would probably have sex with him but feel bad afterwards. Then she thought about WWDD – What Would Debbie Do? But that's just as bad because Esmeralda's ex-partner cheated on her with Debbie, so sex wasn't an option. Not that it was an option. Finally, she thought about WWID – What Would Ian Do? He would probably hide his true feelings for him and not tell him until it's too late.

Esmeralda knew that she had to hide her true feelings but if Scott had done something to her that was unforgivable then she wouldn't have to feel bad. She would just try and lose feelings for him.

She opened the stall and walked out, the girl walked to the faucets and Allison Argent was stood a few feet away. Esmeralda looked towards the raven haired girl, her eyes darted to the ground, thinking of what to say to her. "Allison, right?", Esmeralda asked for confirmation.

"Yeah", Allison replied, turning her body to face the blonde. "Esmeralda?", the raven haired girl pointed at her, looking for confirmation. Esmeralda nodded, "Did you want something?", Allison asked with a smile.