Before SSLJ you must first secure a plan

A/N: This fic was supposed to be a half-crack 2-shot and not to be taken seriously but the angst train hit me in the middle of it so that's over with and we're now onto chapter 4 and back to our regularly scheduled shenanigans.

I apologise in advance for this...

----------------------------

Wei Wuxian hadn't had a truly restful night's sleep since Lotus Pier fell. Neither had Jiang Cheng, though he'd had significantly more physical comforts than Wei Wuxian had had since his move to the Burial Mounds.

Airing out their grievances like they had that night resulted in both of them finally feeling some relief from the loneliness, guilt, and resentment that plagued their lives. It was cathartic having that weight lifted and it had done them both a lot of good. Suffice to say, for the first time in close to two decades, they both slept like babies.

------------------

Awareness trickled in slowly. He was feeling warmer than usual upon waking up. There was hair tickling his face and a body wrapped around him, clinging like a limpet. He opened his eyes and blinked blearily. The last time he'd woken up in a similar position was when Jin Ling hadn't yet felt like he was too big to stay with his jiujiu and regularly crawled into his bed in the night when he was at Lotus Pier and he felt lonely or had a nightmare.

The morning light was streaming in through the thin curtains and for a moment he was acting on autopilot, only registering that it was far past the time that he would normally be up.

"A-Ling geroff.." he mumbled, nudging the body on top of his and trying not to fall back asleep. He felt far too comfortable and if there wasn't a niggling sense of having something important to do at the back of his mind, he'd be quite content to snuggle up to his nephew and go straight back to sleep. He hadn't had such good sleep in way too long.

"Mm, five more minutes ChengCheng." The person nuzzled him lazily, not budging.

ChengCheng?!

A pulse of shock ran through his veins and cleared the sleepiness away instantly. That wasn't Jin Ling!

Who was...

He glimpsed down and saw a red ribbon.

Oh.

Right.

It was Wei Wuxian.

Wait.

Wei Wuxian?!

He suddenly remembered exactly why he was with Wei Wuxian.

He tried to sit up but Wei Wuxian didn't make it easy.

"Wake up!" he shook him and glanced at the window. The sun was clearly out in full force, shining through the curtain.

Crap! It was late. Close to noon if he had to guess.

"Wei Wuxian, we don't have time for this!"

If he was lucky it was one of those hunts where his nephew was in no hurry to get back to Koi Tower.

He managed to unglue the sticky limbs still clutching at him and got out of bed, putting on his over-robe hastily.

He looked at Wei Wuxian and sighed, shaking him once more. "I'm going to check on the kids, by the time I come back you better be awake!"

He made a beeline for the rooms his nephew and his friends occupied the night before, but found them empty.

"Laoban-niang, when did the young masters who had those rooms leave?" he questioned the innkeeper.