𝐼𝘝

San looked at the phone in his hand as he swallowed the lump in his throat. He was finding it hard to resist the urge to call Wooyoung, but he wasn't going to give in and invite Wooyoung back into his apartment after what he saw. With a shaky hand, San lifted his phone and scrolled through his contacts, a soft sigh leaving his lips when he saw a specific one. Park Seonghwa. Besides Yeosang, Seonghwa was another person who San would go to after a breakup if Yeosang was busy or with Wooyoung. He bounced his leg while he looked around the room as he contemplated whether or not he should give the raven-haired male a call. San's only argument to justify it was: Wooyoung was staying with Yeosang, so it wouldn't matter if he did the same. His leg continued to bounce at a rapid pace as he stared at the contact on his phone and with a deep breath, he called him.

On the third ring, Seonghwa had picked up the phone which caused San to jump. He was so out of it, way more than he usually was after the frequent arguments he and his boyfriend had. After a couple of seconds of silence, Seonghwa finally broke it, "Hey San, it's been a while. What's up?" The voice on the other end of the phone sent shivers down San's spine, it was sweet yet sinister. San bit his tongue as he tried to answer him, he didn't want to tell him the truth, but he had no other reason to call him.

"Hey, um- everything's fine, I just wanted to call and check up on you, it has been a while since we've spoken." He simply replied, hoping Seonghwa wouldn't sense how hurt he was. A pool of guilt bubbled in his stomach as he lied through his teeth. He didn't like lying or liars, but he felt like it was for the best. He didn't want to sit through one of his lectures and be told how he deserved so much better than Wooyoung, or be told how much of a bad person Wooyoung was. Although Seonghwa wasn't wrong, San didn't like hearing other people speak badly about Wooyoung. It hurt him hearing other people talk about his partner in such a way though he didn't understand why that was the case, after all, Wooyoung was a bad person.

By the sound of the heavy sigh from over the phone, it was evident that Seonghwa didn't believe him. With an eye roll, san huffed in defeat as he stood up so he could pace around the room to keep himself busy, "Okay, fine. Wooyoung was sleeping with someone else... again. I know what you're going to say, and I'm working on it! Leaving him is a lot harder than it sounds." San finally said as he ran his free hand through his hair.

"You want me to come over, don't you?" Seonghwa had asked, jumping to the point as he usually did during these phone calls. He never called Seonghwa often, but it was always the same when they did call.

".....Yes." San hesitantly replied. He was second-guessing himself at this point but it was too late to turn around and decline the offer, especially when that was the only reason San called him.

"I'll be there in ten." The other simply said before he hung up, not even giving San a chance to say goodbye.

San pocketed his phone and groaned quietly, ten minutes really wasn't a long time but he had so much to do. He quickly went into the bathroom and splashed his face with cold water a few times so he would seem more awake before he went back to his room so he could change into something more presentable. Part of him was glad Seonghwa was coming over since that meant he wouldn't be so alone and he had a distraction however it wasn't the same as having Wooyoung there next to him.