SCENE 1 - THE TRAGEDY OF THE S.S. OPPORTUNITY

FADE IN:

EXT. S.S. OPPORTUNITY - NIGHT

As lightning flashes, the S.S. OPPORTUNITY in a white fancy font slowly appears on the outer hull of the ship. Then suddenly, a giant wave completely covers the text, as the camera pans up to a larger picture. The S.S. OPPORTUNITY itself. It looks badly broken, beaten and defeated, as the crew on board gets tossed around like deflated beach balls. The sound of THUNDER crashes loudly above us, as the rigging of the ship falls apart, almost tearing up the ship itself. The frigate then violently turns upon the rapid currents and up windy sea, and then, as the ship banks right, we hear a scream. . .

INT. S.S. OPPORTUNITY - MAIN DECK

We see a MOTHER wolf, bipedal, trying to save her son as she screams out trying to reach for her son's very drenched and trembled paw. The deck rocks back and forth endlessly, as they toss and turn from the endless storm raging around them, and it's only about to get worse.

INT. S.S. OPPORTUNITY - HELM

The father, same as the mother, is a bipedal wolf, who tries to steer the ship back into place, but is extremely hard since the rigging is now effectively broken. He struggles tremendously as the waves pull him back and forth, but still manages to hold on to some hope and stabilize the ship until ---

INT. S.S. OPPORTUNITY - MAIN DECK

We hear the child scream as he gets pulled out from his MOTHER's grasp.

MOTHER
Sammy!

That small brief moment of stabilization has now been subverted, as the ship now has titled further to the right, BALTO, the wolf-child, slides down rapidly and snatches onto a rope in the nic-of-time, while the mother holds onto the other side of the ship. At this point, other crew members are now either being tossed overboard, or is clinging on with their dear lives, as we see a CLOSE UP of the child's fearful, buldging and bright yellow eyes, which have now gazed at her MOTHER helplessly from a distance.

EXT. S.S. OPPORTUNITY

We see the ship starting to take in a lot water, but it is stabilizing for now.

INT. S.S. OPPORTUNITY - MAIN DECK

Slowly, but surely, the surface will once again be stable. When the ship's surface finally does become level, the MOTHER and BALTO then make an attempt to reach each other, but fail, as the ship tilts to the opposite direction. Both of which now pass each other up and switch places.

MOTHER
Нет! Нееееет!
No! Noooooo!

Yet, somehow, before she could slip all the way down to the bottom right of the Frigate, she snatches onto one of the gapping holes from a missing floorboard, and manages to hold on.

EXT. S.S. OPPORTUNITY

The ship now looks more damaged than ever. The ship being tipped all the way to the right of itself didn't help much, and what's even worse is most of the ship looks as if it's about to collapse. Water has been leaking through the hull for a while now, and it was only a matter of time.

INT. S.S. OPPORTUNITY - MAIN DECK

As BALTO holds on to the wire above him, he sways in the sharp, icy winds of this relentless, neverending storm, yet doesn't notice that the rope that he's been hanging onto is slowly being gnawed away by the icy shards that formed from the deadly tide. We can see BALTO shivering and exhausted to the point where he can't even stay conscious, as the rope near the end gets, thinner. . .and thinner. . .and thinner. . .and thinner. . .until. . .

SNAP!

The father watches in horror, as BALTO plunges to his death past the camera as one big giant blur. . .

BALTO'S POV

. . .and as he is falling and barely screaming, all his eyes can gaze only onto is his MOTHER, who is slowly getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger until. . .

THUMP!

                                                                                                                                                         CUT TO BLACK: