Chapter One: The Name's Y/n

Twinge

I opened my eyes to a darkened room. Call me an emo teen, but I preferred my blinds open and curtains drawn. It let natural light in. It had such a pleasant "I can wake up to a gentle mood" feeling. It wasn't late enough to actually see the sunrise. I was simply awake after a dream.

I didn't remember much of it. These types of dreams were usually forgotten by the time I woke up. It must have been somewhat intense to leave me in this state.

Might as well get ready,
I thought as I lay on my bed with the back of my hand on my sweat kissed forehead. A cool breeze from the automatic fan eased my headache, as a bit of a chill went down my spine. Sweat is for cooling a person down. Waking up covered in it would leave you chilled.
The throbbing in my head refused to die. Despite the gentle light and quiet fan, the pain stayed steadily pulsing.

It was the aftereffects of being near Solomon.
Due to my heritage, each inhuman aspect had a different effect on me. I was now used to the Celestial aura after being around angels and humans alike for most of my career life.

When I was a newly applied candidate at my current job, I came back home and slept for fifty eight hours. Later, more changes occurred. My appetite had decreased over time, and I noticed a physical change of me glowing (yes, glowing) healthier the longer I stayed with the company. I was now as radiant as an angel and often mistaken for one too.

The effects of magic were different. Magic left me with mood swings similar to a menstrual cycle. Deep grief could turn to mischievousness in less than a minute. After a few weeks of constant exposure, I was more prone to apathy than any other emotion. Depression wasn't exactly what I would call it as I didn't lose my will to do anything, but Solomon always called me at lunch and sometimes in the morning after we saw each other because of the instability. We didn't need me jumping off a roof again because I was busy bouncing between toddler and horny,
Or stabbing a random vending machine in rage,
Or trying to choke myself by seeing how many peanuts I could fit in my throat without chewing, swallowing, or gagging,
Or-

I raised myself into a sitting position, lowering my hand, to quickly clutch my head and fall back... onto my headboard, hitting both my neck and head.
A bolt of pain rips through me, triggering shock immediately. I can't tell the time difference between the two. My back feels like something was shoved down it and removed it's marrow from the inside out.

Yowling, I rolled to the other side of the bed which was still tucked in. My other hand cradled the back of my head and neck as the pain doubled on my already present headache. I hadn't seen Solomon in months since his "business trip" which I knew was an excuse to hang with demons. I would have to get used to the mood swings until we got back to seeing each other regularly. Other side effects after unstable emotions were insomnia and dreams. I hoped to never meet a demon and figure out how their auras affected me.

(A/n: yeah, so about that- )

...

I was dressed in one of my outfits I only wore when I had to meet someone that wasn't with our company. In the office, running errands, checking the food production, I wore business casual. This was a more professional outfit. I looked in my body length mirror in my room as I straightened all the places the clothes were tucked or buttoned.

My h/l h/c hair adorned my head with shine. That oil was a good choice in this case. I hadn't done anything other than brush and oil it. I was wearing cobalt blue dress pants. A black blouse with sleeves rolled right above my elbow was my main shirt. A tiny square patterned, brown vest graced my chest and back. The fine tip sharpie thin lines that made up the squares were strawberry red. It was a nicely balanced outfit.