2.

CHAPTER TWO
Who Do You Think You Are?

The fog had covered the surrounding area making it look dark and dim. It covered trees, grass, almost the whole house. Except for the inside, most of it, obviously. Maybe a few broken windows let some in once or twice. Raindrops entered the rooms, most of them had buckets under them, some of them didn't. The house was messy and in not good shape, with leaves blowing everywhere and doors creaking open.

In a room, probably the biggest, there lay a woman. She seemed old. Laying asleep on her very large bed, her breathing labored. At the bottom of the bed to the plain eye would be nothing but a bunch of furniture but to the dead? Well, there were ghosts. All different kinds.

"It won't be long now," Julian said with a slight frown, he had everything but trousers on. It was a suit he was supposed to be wearing. But, er, seems like he didn't want to wear trousers.

On the right of this half-naked man was James McCoy. "At least it's in her sleep." He nodded with a small sad smile. He was dressed in more clothes, by in more I mean a full outfit. He was a detective. A very good one in that matter.

"She had a tremendous innings." The Captain, who was on Julian's left told them all. Unlike the others, Captain was dressed as a war General or something. Looked more serious.

"At least she's comfortable." The old lady's great-grandmother, Lady Button, nodded as she stood. Her dress was grey and her hair was a type of blonde.

"Yeah," Humphrey's head said looking around at the others who were looking down or crouched down. "There are worse ways to go." All the ghosts stood up straight pointing at their marks of death. Pat, a scout leader, had an arrow in his neck. Mary, a girl who looked like a milkmaid or something, was covered in soot and ashes. Thomas, a poet, had a bleeding bullet wound. Humphrey, a ruler, well, had gotten his head sliced off. When James stood up, there were no injuries the same with Captain, Kitty, Lady Button, Julian, and Robin.

"Shh!" Kitty shushed them all making them go quiet. "I think it's happening." She seemed very excited. Making the others slightly happier.

The ghost spirit had risen from her dead cold body, floating just above it. She glowed. Literally glowed, she looked like a torchlight, very blinding at first.

"I think she's going." "Oh, I do hope she stays."

"Tenner says she stays," Julian whispered to Robin, a caveman, who looked to think a bit. Before he agrees with. "Deal."

"I can't see anything," Humphrey said as he lay in his body's arms. "Can you lift me up a bit?" His body lifted him up a bit, but that just made him get dropped on the floor. "Oh, not this again."

"Who are you?" The ghostly voice of the old woman asked the ghosts who looked very happy.

"I am the ghost of your great-grandmother." Lady Button smiled up at her Great-Granddaughter floating in the air.

"We are those poor spirits who dwell on, compelled for reasons unknown..." The woman flew through the roof meaning she had been taken away. Aka she's not staying. "Ah, she's gone."

All the ghosts groaned. "Good on her, actually."

"What's going on? All I can see is shoes." James heard Humphrey's voice ever so slightly before Robin and Julian distracted him.