CHAPTER 4: JEANETTE, PART 2 - CURIOSITY

A/N 2023: I will now upload the rest of the chapters I've finished before I officially discontinue this story. Happy reading, enjoy, and give feedbacks!

The next day, Jeanette was less than calm. So is Simon, but Alvin is more than calm.

While Jeanette is anxious, Simon is calculative and Alvin looks like he had won a global championship, the other three were just...calm. Brittany, still wearing sunglasses, has an unsure expression but tried to be calm nonetheless. Theodore was excited. Eleanor is just...Eleanor.

They went to the (not The Gifted) room. It's still messy as ever. Students throwing crumpled papers at each other, gossips, video games, chasing each other around the room, laughing, embarrassing another classmate (to be more specific, Cheezy and Kevin). Cheezy left instead, preferring to be the hall monitor instead of the class clown.

All six chipmunks sat in their seats. Simon started pondering, mumbling to himself as if he's insane.

In Alvin's perspective, if he hadn't known anything, he'll say Simon really is insane. Apparently, that's Eleanor's thoughts about Simon as of the moment.

"That can't be. There's no proof that exists." Simon brought out a pencil and started writing impossible math equations. "That can't be it. There's another option. There needs to be another option."

He didn't notice the class getting silent as the principal walked in. He observed the whole class. When he got to Simon, who's still mumbling to himself, he widened his eyes.

Simon had done writing on the paper, looking tired, and had written a very complex equation.

"Is that...a standard model?" The principal asked Simon.

Simon looked down and raised an eyebrow.

"I-I don't know." Simon shrugged, still clueless.

"Woohoo." Alvin cheered sarcastically. "Our genius doesn't know what he just wrote."

Simon looked down at the equation again.

"It's one of the most successful theories about how the Universe works." The principal explained. "Particle physics. You love science, don't you?"

Simon nodded.

"Impressive." The principal looked down at the equation. "You can answer that?"

"No, Sir." Simon shakes his head.

"That's fine. We all have our tough times." He glanced at Jeanette. "Though I'm sure you'll be wonderful. Right, Alvin?"

"You're talking about my brother. Of course he is." Alvin rolled his eyes.

Simon looked at his pencil, its sharp grey thing now broken.

The principal looked at the six. "Principal's Office at lunch, Gifted students."

All six nodded and the principal left. At the same time, Miss Smith entered.

"Turn your Math books to 394!"

All students obliged rather lamely. Simon stared at the equation.

"How did that happen?"
____________________________________________________________

Jeanette continued to stare at Eleanor.

If Simon was right about his assumptions, she at least got to try.

They're in a secluded area in the Cafe, where the only students allowed were her, her sisters and Simon and his brothers. And no staff could get in.

Eleanor opened her mouth wide to bite the doughnut when she caught Jeanette's stare.