CHAPTER 5: JEANETTE, PART 3 - THE SEARCH CONTINUES

One more chapter before Jeanette arc ends! Have a great reading, my readers!

Simon, his friends, and his brothers went home with a lot of work. About brains and all of the things that seemed to root for powers like invisibility that's somehow connected to the brain.

In their room at dusk, Simon had his homework scattered across the table while Theodore's doing his. Alvin? Of course, gone. He won't do any homework.

He went through books and more books. Eventually, he decided to distinct three things that may be possible to explain Jeanette's sudden obtaining of weird things.

Simon read over and over again, his brain calculating the possibilities while Theodore stared at his brother.

"Simon? Simon? I need help. Simon?" Theodore said but Simon ignored him. Not purposely anyway. He stared at his unfinished essay on about brains and stuff. "I need more time to finish this homework."

Simon jumped up in surprise which ironically also made Theodore fall off his seat (which consists of books)

"I got it! I got it!" said Simon.

"Got what?" Theodore asked.

"I'll just test it. If this thing worked, then I'll know what's happening to Jeanette!"

"What's happening to Jeanette?" asked Theodore.

Simon looked at his brother and calmed himself. "Nothing, Theodore. Nothing."

Theodore blinked. "O-ok." He turned his head to his essay, feeling uneasy to ask Simon for help.

"I wish I have more time."
____________________________________________________________

Continuous barging on the door of the treehouse disturbed Eleanor from cooking while Brittany totally relaxed with cucumbers on her eyes.

"What does Alvin want this time?" Eleanor muttered and opened the door harshly.

"Alvin what do you- Simon?"

"Is Jeanette in there?" Simon asked, peeking on the treehouse.

"Great." Eleanor muttered sarcastically. "She's inside. Want me to call her?"

"Yes please."

Eleanor looked deadpan. She went up to the stairs and saw Jeanette doing her homework.

"Jean? Simon's at the door."

Jeanette looked up while Brittany stayed chill. She sent a confused look, got down from her bed then down the stairs then to the door.

"Simon?"

"Jeanette, come with me."

"Why?"

"I-it's about you."

"About me?"

"Yes. Now, will you come?"

"Ok...?" Jeanette breathed, confused. Simon literally dragged her out of the treehouse and into the backdoor of the Seville house then down to the basement.

Alvin, meanwhile, stared at an ecstatic Simon and puzzled Jeanette rush down the stairs.

"What's happening with Simon? Theodore?"

Theodore appeared from the kitchen. "O-oh. Simon's experimenting."

"Experimenting what?"

"I don't know. But he said it's about Jeanette."

A smirk appeared on Alvin's face. "What are you doing Theo?"

"Practicing for Cooking Clubs. Sir Ignatius said clubs will start on Monday. I want to cook better."