3~•*. N I G H T M A R E

☆☆☆

"PLEASE STOP IT HURTS! STOP IT BEN!—" Ivy Greyson cried in her sleep dreaming about her ex boyfriend Ben, who was just about to hurt to with a sharp edged glass bottle. But before that man could do anything to her her dream was broken by a soft voice which brought her out of sleep.

     "Vee, Its alright love, calm down, you're safe" James cooed in her ear softly rubbing her back while tracing patterns, as he brought her in a warm comforting hug.

    "B-Ben he was– he was—" Ivy sobbed in the crook of his neck.

    "Shh, he's not here, calm down, I am here" James interrupted again softly. Ivy breathed abnormally against his neck while he tried to calm her down.

    It has been a week since Ivy arrived in the wizarding world and seeked shelter in Potter cottage. Ivy had been getting dreadful nightmares of her ex boyfriend ever since her break up.

    James hears shouting and crying every night coming from Ivy's room late at night, and finds the girl badly covered in her own sweat and tears. It had been the tenth time James found her like this again. Almost every night James comforts the girl and leaves only when he is assured that she is calmly deep asleep and won't wake up again at night.

    "Vee? Is it alright now love?" James asked in a soft whisper as he felt the girl against him calm. She breathed heavily and hummed against his neck.

   "Okay" James whispered with a small smile and slowly pulled away from Ivy laying her down back on bed and pulled the blanket up covering her till her chin, and wiped her tear drenched cheeks gently.

    "Sorry James—" Ivy mumbled sniffing before being interrupted.

    "Shh, sleep now, G'night" James said in a soft whisper removing the strands of hair from her face tucking them behind her ear.

    "Night" She mumbled hugging the soft pillow and drifting into sleep again. James smiled leaving the room.

    "Is she okay?" Lily asked sleepily. Due to her pregnancy, she could not go everytime to check upon Ivy so James had to do it. They both knew about the little tragedy happened in Ivy's life before she came here.

    "Yep" James mumbled laying on the bed beside his wife. Lily turned the lights off and dozed into sleep that moment.

    Meanwhile a soft smile played on James' lips as the picture of Ivy sleeping peacefully played in his mind before he drifted to sleep too.

☆☆☆

    "Dont take too long!" Lily called to her husband and Ivy before they both stepped in the fireplace going to diagon alley because Ivy could no longer stay in Lily's clothes and James was taking her to shopping while Remus stayed with Lily.

    Ivy's one of the many wishes was fulfilled after using the floo network in the wizarding world. James and her roamed in the shops of diagon alley, shopping for Ivy's clothes before they tired from all the roaming sat down in Hogsmeade. 

    "Everything feels so surreal" Ivy said amazed. James chuckled looking at her sipping his butterbeer.

    Ivy let out a cute noise in James' opinion on her first time drinking butter beer. Both laughed talking to each other, Ivy being amazed with everything she saw in the wizarding world and James couldnt help but admire her innocent expressions everytime.

    "Shall we?" James asked extending his arm for her to take as they now finished shopping.

    "We shall" Ivy grinned interwining her arm with James' and stepped into the fireplace along with him, instantly being engulfed by the flames.

    Ivy coughed loudly due to the smoke and dust as they landed into Potter Cottage's fireplace. James chuckled dusting her shoulder and hair, wiping her slightly dusty cheeks, which got red from coughing.

    Ivy stared up at him as he did everything, a dazed look on her face as she got the view of his features from this close proximity, which she had seen many time in the recent days, but couldnt help get lost in his beauty.

    "There you go" James smiled finishing his task and handing her her large shopping bags.

    Suddenly Ivy did something which surprised her and him both, she leaned in and pressed a chaste kiss to his cheek whispering "Thankyou James"

    He smiled warmly as she pulled and went inside excitedly showing Lily her new clothes. He placed a hand on his cheek where just a few moments ago her lips were, still feeling their warmth there.

☆☆☆

    Ivy plopped herself on the couch beside Remus who was busy reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher stone with wide and shocked eyes.  Ivy smiled to him and said "Dont worry your cranky self, I will leave all the books here and you may read all of them and make everything right"

    Remus didnt like her idea though, he did not believe in playing with future, but when it came to the safety of his friends and their lives, he was taking it into considering what she was saying.

    "Vee, which one looks better on me?" James asked coming out holding two shirt on his either arms. Lily followed him out too.

    Ivy chuckled and said "The right one" James beamed and turned to Lily triumphantly. From Lily's reaction Ivy got that she was preferring the other shirt for him.

     "But I think you'll look equally handsome in the other one too, its Lily's choice afterall, dont forget you are one of them too" Ivy said in a teasing look gaining a grateful grin from Lily. James pouted.

    "Lily's has the best choice" Ivy said in a different tone, as if emphasizing the words to herself, while Remus suddenly looked at her with a curious expression and saw her staring at the bickering couple in front of them with a dazy sad smile.

    Ivy was experiencing a little wrenched feeling within her watching the couple, she always craved for a chemistry like them, a boy like James, as caring, funny and crackpot and literally just everything like him, and knew he was one of a kind, which was already taken. 

    James and Lily went in back to their room while bickering for the shirts and Ivy darted her eyes away playing with Sirius' stuff toy gift for Lily, a black dog.

    "You like James" Remus stated firmly causing Ivy to jerk her head to him wide eyed.

    "You feel something for James, more than friends should, right?" Remus asked again.

    "Yes, I like him."
_______________________________________

Read this:-

So I have decided this book to be a James Potter × OC, please tell me if you like the idea. Although I've seen how almost everyone was assuming it to be Sirius since start, but Its James Ta-Da!

Also this book is the shortest book I've ever written, only of ten chapters. Read it full as I've published all the parts.

Idk why but I want to write more short books, so you guys can you know request or give ideas for any kind of plot and books, I'll try writing them, we can discuss.

Till then enjoy this one, vote comment and share! 💋