~Arson: COVID-19 Edition {C}~

"I hope this quarantine doesn't last that long." Artemis spoke into the phone, making sure she wasn't too loud. Paul was staying over for the time being.

"Me either. I hate that your trip here ended up cancelled. We were all so excited and Des was even going to plan something special with Quinn," Madison replied. Artemis sighed deeply.

"As upset as I am, I know Paul is even more so."

"Yeah, how has he adjusted back to big city life as a you-know-what?"

"Well, he's had to figure out how to get his meat in, as everyone knows him as a vegan," Artemis said, "I can't be too loud, he's staying for the next few days, just until his roommate has finishing quarantining."

"What's that?" Madison asked. Connor Creek had only heard of COVID through Dr. Edwards, who didn't know much about it.

"Well, Liam traveled to Arizona, where COVID is crazy. He's had to quarantine for two weeks to make sure he doesn't have the virus. If we travel, which isn't the best now, we have to quarantine for 14 days before we leave, to make sure we don't spread the virus, and then quarantine for two weeks when we return," Artemis said.

"I've had an idea," Madison announced.

"Shoot."

"So, once Paul can get home, why don't you guys come and stay until the corona stuff is over?" Madison asked. She held her breath.

"Well, we don't have any work to worry about until June, by which we'll definitely be back to normal by. I'll go to the grocery store tomorrow and start quarantining," Artemis said. Madison smiled.

"Let me know when you leave."

The two weeks passed by pretty quickly, considering the fact that there wasn't much to do. The Schue-Horyn twins were entirely packed for a few months in Connor Creek. Artemis would be staying with Madison in her cabin and Paul....well, he had plans.

"Madison, we're leaving now, and we're going via the bus. All the safety measures are in place. Everyone is wearing a mask, keeping their distance, and using hand sanitizer or washing their hands at every chance," Artemis said.

"I'll pick you and Paul up from the station," Madison said, hanging up.

The ride to Connor Creek was uneventful. Paul was staying quiet, scared that he'd let the secret out if he dared to speak out of excitement.

When Artemis reunited with Madison, the two young women embraced quickly before Madison hugged Paul. "I couldn't get 'im to come, Paul. Sorry about that. He said something about dinner?" Madison said. Paul shrugged in understanding.

"I'll get to see him soon," Paul said as they drove in silence to Connor Creek. They passed the Dead Canary before heading to the outskirts of town, where most of the population lived.

"Well, here you are, Paul. Hope to see you tomorrow," Madison said, waving goodbye. Paul returned the wave to both women. Artemis had yet to know, who this special man in Paul's life was.

"Is that—?"

"Sybilus? Yep," Madison said, driving away to her cabin, "Funny, two werewolves being this close in this way."

"You mean romantically?"

"For sure. You don't mind if we stop by the Dead Canary, do you? I ordered takeout because I did not want to cook tonight," Madison explained.

"I don't mind at all," Artemis said excitedly. It had been forever since she'd eaten at the infamous Michelin-star Dead Canary.

That night, Artemis and Madison curled close to each other on Madison's couch. They'd not missed any part of the other's life, since they talked so much. "So, tell me more about this virus," Madison said.