𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

I was a lot more relaxed as we travelled the short distance to Adam's house, knowing the worst of it was over. However as we drove past a pub, that I had spent a lot of my childhood in with my Mum in the evenings, it sent a shiver down my spine. I quickly reminded myself of my life that I had now, and reached over to take Jin's hand for the touch, and he wrapped his fingers in mine.

"I'm not sure I like being back here" I said quietly.

Joonie's hand came over from behind the seat to squeeze my shoulder, "it's only for a few hours little. Then we don't need to come back"

That was true, I just hoped Adam's wedding wasn't close to here.

It's no wonder why I was in such a rush to leave this place. Every corner we went around I had memories flashing up, making me feel emotionally drained even before we got to Adam's house. I was so thankful that I had two of my boys with me or I wasn't sure I could have done this alone. Thinking back to when I was eighteen, I wasn't in a rush to leave Adam, I was in rush to leave this place. If Adam was the problem, I would have shut him out a long time ago. Granted I wasn't an open book, but Adam knew the reasons onto why I was like that and he was so patient with me, even in my teenage years when I pushed every person away from me.

We pulled into his large driveway, seeing a few cars here. I assumed Lily didn't live with them since she was twenty-three, but I had no idea about her. I don't even know how to claim them as family. They were my step-dad's family... step step family? I rolled my eyes at myself, having no idea.

Joonie opened the door for me, as Jin nodded, "nice house"

"Well he is a Captain" I offered, seeing the large modern exterior.

"Nothing that we aren't used to" Jin smirked.

I chuckled, and as we made our way towards the front door, it opened. Adam gave us all a big grin, and then came out onto the pathway to meet us, "did you manage some sleep?"

Without looking behind me at the boys, I nodded.

"Great, they've signed the forms, and I've told them about your relationship to skip over the explaining bit again. Joan was quite impressed with how it worked with that many people, and Lily was shocked, she hasn't said much" Adam said as he walked us back to the house.

"In a good or bad way?" I asked, wondering about his soon to be new step daughter.

He pursed his lips, "neither, she's quite passive. Don't worry"

I nodded, opening my hand behind me for whichever man to hold it. By the feel of the hand, it was Jin. We went inside, and the house looked much like the picture's Adam sent when he moved into it about five years ago, very open spaced with dots of colours of grey and dark blues. We went past a games room on our right, which Jin made an impressed sound at.

"Oh, you like gaming?" Adam asked.

Jin gave him a smile, "very much"

"We can have a game later on" he said, seeming a lot more relaxed now which was a good thing.

"Great" Jin said perfectly.

We went around the corner into the living area, where two women were stood. I assumed Joan was the older one, with brown hair that was cropped around her shoulders, she had wide eyes that matched her smile as she looked over all of us. She was quite slim, and looked fit. Lily however, looked more shocked than anything. She wasn't even looking at me, but the men either side of me. Her shoulders raised as she took a deep breath, and I noted how similar she looked to her mum, with the same dark brown hair and deep set eyes. She was shorter though, and had more of a curve in her body, but still fit none the less.