05 | 𝑆𝐻𝑂𝑂𝑇

VALENTINA~Je te laisserai des mots by Patrick Watson

VALENTINA
~Je te laisserai des mots by Patrick Watson

I have not been released for at least two weeks, the day I was punished was also the last day my father visited me.

I don't know how long I can hang around here. I'm hungry, thirsty, tired and I don't have any more strength either. The chains will leave marks, and worse than before.

I heard footsteps approaching my cell. The heavy metal door was opened, which got out a squeak from it. "Your time is over, today is a special day." It wasn't my father, but one of his workers. He opened the chains and held me like Valerian the one day.

He then let go of me with his hand so that I fell to the ground. I felt Marcel kick my legs, but I felt nothing because my leg was still slightly numb. "Get up, we won't wait for you."

I hate Marcel. He thinks just because he's my father's right-hand man that he can treat us like shit. I would like to just shoot him, but I can't waste my thoughts on that now. I got up in pain and tried to stand as best I could, I looked at Marcel and gave him a venomous look.

I limped out of the cell. It was dark, and the corridor was only lit with light lanterns. Since I had no shoes on, I also felt the cold ibex under my feet. At least Marcel held the door open for me. I walked out to the hallway and went to my room.

When I got to my room, I stopped against the wall and braced myself. "Get dressed, the ceremony is about to begin." I turned to Marcel and finally wanted to say something, but the door was closed.

I went to my bed and pushed a box out below. I took my pain pills out, immediately took two, and leaned against my bed. I've never had such pain before. It feels like someone is pricking it with a hot needle.

I get up off the bed because I can't spend all my time on it, although in my condition it would be necessary. I thought about what kind of ceremony Marcel meant. My father does a lot of events, which one will this time? I know it can't be a good one. The last one ended up with two people losing their lives.

So I put on the dress that was on my chair. After I get dressed. Two women came into my room. One concentrated on doing my hair, the second my make-up. For a short time, I could only sit and do nothing. But it didn't feel really good because of the pain in my body. My eyes were closed, I sensed the presence of the two when there was a knock on my door and someone entered without my permission.

Marcel just stood by the door and didn't shoot it close. "You both can go." he made it clear to the two women. They bent slightly and sewed up all their things to walk out of my room.

Marcel closed the door again and came close to me when he held out gloves to me. They were made of a smooth silk fabric that was light blue. Just like my dress that only went down to my knees. "Put them on."

"Because nobody should see my bruises?" I raised my eyebrow. "If you don't keep your mouth shut, I promise your bruises will be your smallest problem." I swallowed hard and stopped talking.