11 | 𝑂𝑝𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑡 𝐶ℎ𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑠

VALENTINA

VALENTINA

Yesterday, the day ended and my way with Jayden is separated off today by giving him the ticket and being able to go. Without another word. I walked away. I put my hands in my coat pockets to set off to catch up on the work I have to do now. I didn't manage to kill three or more people, but searched for some information and maybe one or two dead bodies. At least something.

I tried my best to go home as soon as possible and finally lay in my bed. But after strenuous 5 hours, which are only about spying, killing, and also looking for information for tomorrow there was nothing new or interesting.

Now I'm sitting at home on my couch, with wine in my hand and free time. I got a lot of emails from Valerian. New orders. They really think I'm a machine that can just kill people without leaving any traces afterward. I need time too. "Does it never end?" People are cruel. I'm cruel, yes, I kill them. But it's my job that I couldn't even choose.

I'm only doing it because it's applied. When I came home to both girls, Katie and Caroline were gone. Katie is on her way home and Caroline is probably to Justin. I don't know.

I have time now, but in the whole 5 hours, I couldn't even think about what I should give my siblings. Okay, I have already ordered Valerie a cookbook, and Valentin I ordered all the model construction utensils like wood, metal, and paper. Sketches books. But I still struggle with the present for Valerian.

I am so lost, at this point. What gives Valerie and Valentin him? I went to FaceTime on my MacBook and called Valerie. Which answered immediately like every time. "Hey, what's up?"

"Hey, I wanted to ask you what you are giving Valerian for Christmas?" She looked to the side as if she were looking to see what she had bought. "An IWC watch." I just nodded. She even has a present. I should probably go back and buy one of the watches I saw at the jeweler with Jayden. But the funny thing is I can't do that anymore because Valerie already has a watch as a present. "You?"

I bit my lip. "Well ... Nothing yet, it's already next week and I still have nothing. I just don't know what to give him." I said in despair. What does he like? What is so typically Valerian that he would like? "How is he going?" I asked her. "I don't know, he's been gone a week and the only time I saw him was when we were eating dinner." really sounds like him.

"Do you have any ideas?" "To be honest, no. Valerian is difficult to see through. I've spent the last few weeks thinking about my present for him." I leaned my head back. It took her weeks to pick a watch as a present. How do I make it into a week? "But how's it going in New York? Have you settled in?"

I looked up again to look at Valerie. "Yes, I have. The people are friendly, and my apartment is still very good."

"Any friends?" Even if that's hard to say, my confidence is too small to say that two people slept in my apartment and that I met with some by myself. "I'm only on some missions. I don't have time for friends." I lied, but somehow I think it's better that way. In the end, Father watches our phone call closely, it would be a catastrophe.

"I have to go because I needed to go to LA." my eyebrows rise. "Why to LA?" "Mission." I nodded and said goodbye to Valerie. I closed the laptop and put it to one side. I know that I won't give Valerian any clothes, accessories, or anything, so I can put the ideas into the trash can.

Therefore, I have to think about something more with a kind of meaning, what is important to him. For what he would give anything. I lay down and looked at the ceiling. "What is important to you?" I said aloud. Then there was a knock on my door.

I go up to open the door when I see Jayden in front of my door. "I won't take the ticket back," I said immediately, without interrupting him. "You don't even know why I'm here."

"Okay. Why are you here?" I lean against the open door and look at him, "Here." He handed me a wrapped present. "Open it at Christmas. Thank you for the tickets." I looked at the red wrapping paper and then at him.

"I don't want a present from you." "But you will accept it." Wow, it took him so long to build a personality. "Why should I?" I don't need a gift. "Why should I take the ticket?" I didn't say anything, I was just muted. But he wanted a present for his brother, so... "Exactly, so be quiet and take what you get." "You steal my sentence?"

"No, and now take it and be quiet." What is wrong with him? "You don't tell me what to do?" "Yes." I wanted to say something, but like yesterday, he goes away like me without a word. "Idiot." I closed the door and had the present in my hand. What is it? It's not heavy and rectangular, but flat. Should I open it at Christmas or just now, he won't notice anything anyway. I shake it briefly and tap it with my finger on it, but decide to put the gift aside.

I'll open it when I get back. I put the gift in one of my drawers under my clothes, just as I was about to close it, I noticed the bracelet that Valerian gave me on my first Christmas.

I picked it up with my hand up and looked at it closely. The individual leaves of the flower were silver. It's so beautiful and like lightning. An idea popped into my head. I now know what is most important for him. I quickly put the bracelet in the closet and got to work.

I have a week to give this gift, so now there is no time to waste. I picked up my laptop and started.