Chapter 22

"injury"

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

The gym was filled with gasps as they heard the pain in Andrew's scream everyone in the stands looked up as his parent rushed through the crowd as a fight broke out between the two teams. The young teen was laying on the court holding his right wrist in agony from his awkward landing. The cheerleader was still from the moment but eventually ran to his side.

"It's going to be okay, sweetie." The mother said trying to comfort her son.

"Come on get up!" Even when in pain Andrew still gets scolded by his father. Earning a hard smack on the head from his ex-wife as she argued with him for a bit before she focused back on her child. Guess the role of the 'good dad' got old.

Andrew tried to get up on his own, but only to struggle. Brooke helped him to his feet as she looked at him with care. She walked with him to the locker room but had to stop upon entering. The team and the trainer went in along with Dan Scott. The brunette waited outside in the hall with his parents as he was still getting his wrist checked out.

Eventually, the trainer came out of the locker room with Andrew following him. The trainer informed them that he most likely fractured his wrist. The mother being the only parent to care while his father just shook his head in disappointment making Andrew look down at the ground before feeling someone grab his left hand. The person interlocked them and gave a tight squeeze before he looked up to be faced with a smile that makes his heart go crazy.

~
Andrew's POV

"Sorry about your season, but even if you guys did win you wouldn't be out there. You have a distal radius fracture. Meaning you are going to be using this cast for a couple of weeks." The doctor informed me as my mom just nodded her head.

"So like three weeks?" I asked hopeful even though I already knew the answer. The doctor just tilted her head at me with a 'really?'  look before I gave a serious statement. "I'm kidding. But seriously when is this thing gonna come off?"

"We will contact you in six weeks to see how it's going. Now if you don't mind I have other patients to deal with." She informed me before leaving the room.

"Guess I can live my childhood dream of people signing my cast," I chuckled out trying to lighten the mood in the room but also mine.

"There were other ways to land and you had to pick the one that got you injured." my father's voice spoke out with an annoying tone. "You let your team down! I can't even look at you right now."

"Then leave David. No one told you to stay, so you can do us all a favor and save us a headache just go home." My mom said to him which made him scoff and leave. "Is a good thing he is always out of the house huh?" She jokingly asked making me break with a small smile. A knock outside of the room caught our attention to see Lucas peeking through the open door.

"Hey, Luke," I say making him step into the room. "What are you doing here?" asking him as my mom excused herself for a call.

"Just wanted to check how you were doing," he responds.

"Well besides having to wear this thing for the next few weeks," I say waving my right arm around. "I would say I'm okay...I think. What about you, didn't think I would find out about you leaving?"

"Guessing Haley told you?" He asked.

I nodded my head before I spoke again. "Why are you leaving? Thought everything was good,"

"It is, but I don't know I just feel like I need a change. Also, I don't want to leave Keith alone right now."

"Are you ready to go home?" I heard my mom's voice ask standing outside the door. I got up from the end of the bed before returning to face Lucas.

"Well hope you find that change your looking for. Stay safe Luke." I said giving him a quick hug before we said our goodbyes.

~~

My mom drove us to the house since my dad just left without saying anything. I thought he would be home, but I was wrong since his car wasn't outside the house as we arrived. He wasn't there, but a light blue beetle convertible was. When we pulled into the driveway, I noticed that Brooke was waiting on the front steps before she noticed us and got up. My mom looked at me with a slight smirk before getting off the car as I did the same with a little trouble but I got it.

"Brooke, what are you doing here?" I asked as I got closer to her.

"I wanted to see how you were doing, especially since you're always the one to check up on me." She spoke as my mom looked in between me and Brooke and just smiled before going to the house.

"I'm okay Brooke," I said trying to reassure her as that worried expression was still on her face. But that didn't work as she tilted her head and gave me a look. "Really, I am okay." Still trying to convince her so I waved my right arm and waved it around a bit. "See,"

"I'm not talking about that," she informed me which made me confused. "Well that too, but about your parents," she said which made the smile on my face gradually disappear.

Brooke's POV

There it was. The complete demeanor change at the topic.

"Yeah, that," he said a little too slow. "I'm sorry you had to see that. Things tend to be a bit more of a mess when they are in the same room as each other."

"It's okay, I get it. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. It seems like your dad is an ass." I jokingly finished my statement making him let out a laugh which made me smile just by hearing it.

"Yeah, he can definitely be a little bit too much," Andrew responded to me not making eye contact with me .

"You know you can tell me anything." I told him which made him look up at me with soft eyes. "I mean anything. I mean it would only be fair since you've always been there for me."

"Thank you, Designer," he said making my heart flutter just by the simple nickname. "But really it means a lot to me." he finished with a smile on his face. Which was enough for me to close the distance between us and pull him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around me always making me feel safe in his arms. I tightened my grip on him not wanting this moment to end.

Where would I be without you Andrew Stone?

Andrew's POV

Where would I be without you Brooke Davis?

A/N
Hope many of you are enjoying this story and thank you so much for voting on the chapters.

Question:
Have any cute nickname ideas for the two to call each other?

Thank you for reading and see you all in the next chapter!