𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8

I can't believe it. Did I really just do that?

Y/n thought to herself as she was left out of breath, attempting too hard to catch it while gazing at the opponent's side of the court and rewinding the whole match in her mind.

Well, at least to the part when she actually came to her senses and started concentrating on the match.

„Y/n-senpai, nice kill!

„Nice kill!”

The girls from her team cheered her on, as soon as she came out of her trance and activated the wild side of hers.

She nodded as a response, preparing herself for the next serve.

She took a deep breath in, with her eyes closed, concentrating like never before, waiting for the resonating sound of a whistle to fill her ears.

„Y/n-senpai, nice serve!

The girls already cheered her on even before she actually served, which made her twist her lips into a moderate smile.

You don't even have to tell me that now.

She thought as the sound of a whistle finally reached her ears, making her instinctively throw the ball up and make a few steps forward in order to hit it.

Her eyes were now widened, as she quickly searched for an opening in the opponent's side of the court. As soon as she spotted it, the ball went flying that way, her eyes following it instantly just like everybody else's.

The ball once again fell into a spot she aimed for, earning another point for the Nekoma team.

Her team was already squeaking happily, as they all complimented her one more time, holding themselves back to not jump straight at her in order to embrace her firmly.

Y/n kept serving five times in a row, earning four clear points for her team, but the fifth time was unfortunately her last, since the libero of the opposing team received the ball.

The girl just barely received it, but that didn't change the fact that she did receive it.

„It's off, I'm sorry!”

The girl averred as she was now placed on the floor, hoping that her teammates will get the ball somehow.

„It's alright, Miyuki!”

One of the wing spikers shouted back, also just barely receiving the ball after the libero, sending it to the setter abruptly.

The setter tossed the ball to their number 7, who spiked it as fast as she possibly could, finally earning a point for their team.

The game was now leaded by the Nekoma team, by 16-15, making them only one point ahead of the other team.

As the third set was steadily approaching its conclusion, every person in the hall was filled with feelings of agitation and impatience, waiting for the next serve.

With the opposing team serving, Y/n thought of various ways things could go, until she finally reached a conclusion as to which option is the most possible to happen.