For Better Or For Worse

EdSer Divorce AU because I'm insane :D
For context they get married before he finds out about the tumour. Ok no more questions, enjoy!!

"You took your ring off."

Eda closed her eyes as she felt Serkan's presence behind her. He stood in her room- yes her room, not theirs. They hadn't shared a room in over a month now.

It started as little fights where he would upset her so she'd sleep in the guest bedroom, but he would always come and apologise to her in the middle of the night or the next morning. Gradually, however, it seemed to stop and she had slowly shifted most of her things into the guest bedroom which seemed to be apt since he treated her like a stranger in their own home.

"I'm surprised that you noticed.", her voice was cold as she ran a comb through her hair, finally meeting his gaze from the reflection of the vanity mirror.

"Why?", he clenched his jaw as her eyes wandered down to the ring in his hand- one that she had left on the table of his home office this morning.

"Why what?"

"Why did you take it off?", his question lingered uncomfortably in the air as she got up and turned to face him, taking in the harsh frown on his face- one that reminded her of the version of him that she had initially hated. She searched his eyes for any reminder of the man she married, and felt a lump form in her throat as she realised that he had shielded himself from her... Again.

"Because there's no point of a ring when there's no love in our marriage anymore.", she noticed the way her voice trembled from thinly veiled emotion.

"What do you mean Eda?", he frowned, "I love you-"

"No Serkan!", she cut him off, "You don't push away the people you love! You don't hurt the people you love!", she fought back as she saw something fade from his eyes, "The man I married loved me! The man I married cared for me! He didn't treat me like a stranger!"

"Eda, let me fix this-", he started, like he always did. He'd say that they could 'fix it', that he'd change, but she was tired of his empty promises.

"No. It doesn't matter anymore. I'm so tired. My heart is so tired.", she shook her head, "I don't even recognise you sometimes. I don't even know who you are anymore."

Her eyes watered as she ignored the way her hands shook by her sides, as his silence broke her heart more.

"I'm done. I'm done and I want out of this relationship.", her eyes strayed to the ring in his palm for a moment before she finally met his gaze with her big beautiful brown eyes. He stared at her for a moment, holding back tears as he clenched his jaw, fearing what she would say next, but knowing exactly what it was. He closed his eyes as she finally whispered the words that made his heart drop to the floor.

"I want a divorce Serkan."

*************

There was silence in the Bolat residence. A silence that scared her as she tried to sleep. It had been two days since she'd asked for the divorce. It had also been two days since she had seen Serkan.

He had left her standing there without a word. She hadn't given it much thought until he hadn't come back the next day, or the one after that. He wasn't in the office, nor did his friends know where he was.

She would be lying if she said that worry wasn't eating her alive, because no matter what happened, he would always pick up her calls. He would always text her- he knew better than to leave her alone. Especially after all that they'd been through.