Chapter 58 - Rong Wrong

"I told you, I didn't do anything wrong so why are you on my ass?" Rong yelled at his father, storming away from him even though this was Rong's office. What had started as a simple conversation escalated quickly with his unstable temper of late.

"She was my best student and the one with a quiet disposition. Now you're telling me she quit because of a drunken affair with you? That makes no sense. She recently became engaged and seemed genuinely happy, so how did it go form that to this?" Master Cai raised his voice, frustrated with his son for the shame he brought upon them by getting arrested and the damage to his school's reputation. The police were blunt about the accusations even if his son was denying them and had shared every details with him.

"She likes me. She needed to be drunk to admit it to herself because she was scared of rejection. All of this is her jealous ex fiancée's doing because he can't accept we love one another." Rong was enraged at his father's questioning him today. At first he hadn't said much when he got home from the detainment centre but after that do-gooder detective came to see him he had been like this. Talking bullshit and spreading lies about what he was meant to have done.

"They had evidence you drugged her, Rong! How can you say this was down to her being drunk? What did you do? Why did you have to go this far? Don't you see what you did wrong or have any concept why this is wrong?" Master Cai implored him, unable to understand his own son in this. Ashamed and shocked and bitterly disappointed in his actions.

"I didn't do anything. Do you know who her boyfriend is and what he's capable of? He's the heir of Leng group, who has more money and power than sense. He's framing me to get rid of me because TangShi wants me. He has her locked up and won't let me see her because he knows she would tell the truth about this whole thing. She wants us to be together." Rong paced back and forth running his hands through his hair in agitation and tugging at the strands every few strokes. Erratic in his movements and behaving manically. Getting madder by the second. His father watching him and trying to curb his own temper but there were too many doubts and questions and his concern rose that his son was spiraling again into another dark phase in his life. They had been here before and thought therapy and medication was helping him.

"TangShi was a sweet and quiet girl who stayed in her own lane. She never caused any problems and kept herself to herself. I don't believe she would stand back and see you wronged if that was the truth." TangShi was a girl he had great affection for and he knew in his gut the liar was not that girl.

"So you're saying I'm lying? That I drugged and kidnapped her to keep in a hotel room all night.... Why would I do that? Why would I hurt the girl I want to marry?" Rong laughed, a snarling and terrifying sound that wasn't melodic and clenched his fists.

"Why would they set you up this way and bring your family shame? TangShi is a good girl and if she said you did wrong to her ...."

"She isn't the one accusing me! Her idiot boyfriend is. I can't believe you actually doubt me. You're my father, you should be taking my side in this!" Rong erupted at him, swiping things from the table across the floor in a crashing sweep that startled his father, and stamping his feet like a petulant child.

His father watched him in silent judgement knowing he had always been a high strung and spoiled child who wanted everything his own way. It had caused so many arguments with Master Cai's late wife, that their son was so hard to handle and over the years he had behaved inappropriately to friends and girlfriends that always ended up leaving him. It had been hard to admit that their son was sick and she hadn't lived long enough to see him finally get help in recent years.

"Calm down and stop behaving like a toddler. When will you grow up and face the reality of life? Your actions come with consequences!"

"I'm not staying here listening to this. It's bullshit. I'm going out." Rong tramped to the door to leave, kicking fallen objects out of his way with no regard to the destruction he was causing, or that his actions were hurting his father. Master Cai exhaled heavily, held back his impulse to explode too and called after him.