Chapter 33- Amusement Park

1:30 AM

1:30 AM

Your hands were freezing as you opened the wrapper of the granola bar you had brought with yourself, with shaky fingers. You sat against a tree and covered yourself with your arms due to the cold. Your chattering teeth bit through the bar and you felt a kind of relief wash over you as its contents melted in your mouth.

The crescent moon looked down at you as slight clouds covered the sky and chilly wind flew through the forest, making the trees roar. Out of nowhere, you saw Arryn as she stood in front of you, forwarding her hands towards you. You were surprised and looked at her with confusion.

How did she appear out of nowhere? Am I hallucinating?

You quickly stood up and dusted your jeans off. "Arryn? You- how..?"

She gave you her infamous smile and her perfect white teeth glowed in the dark, dimples forming on the edges of her mouth. She put a hand on your shoulder and moved her mouth near your ears. "Y/N..stop trying."

Her voice was husky and deep making your breath fasten. Her hands held you firmly in a way you felt you were trapped. You didn't know what was happening but you were sure that this person or thing was definitely not Arryn. She removed her face from the crook of your neck as you took a look at her face.

Her hair was blacker than the night sky and her skin so pale that it felt like you could see right through her. She looked like she was no longer alive and the unnatural snarl that was plastered onto her mouth scared the living daylight out of you. Your eyes widened at the sight in front of you, all of this seemed too unreal.

The snarl disappeared and her lips formed a straight line, tears fell out from her eyes and purple and blue patches appeared on her unbelievably skinny and frail arms. She cried so hard, the same cry you had heard in your dorm many times. Her weak body fell onto your shoulder as an ear deafening scream escaped from your throat. And you realised you were wrong, this was actually your Arryn.

Your best friend's dead body was on your shoulder, what were you supposed to do?

You froze on the spot. You were too scared to even touch her and move her away. She felt so light that you could barely feel her head on your shoulder. Tears knocked down your own face and you closed your eyes, you didn't want to see this...people dying around you wasn't what you expected when you got to know about your power of seeing ghosts, especially not your best friend's corpse.

Warm pair of hands held your cheeks and you felt the person removing Arryn's body from you because that smell of the dead body wasn't there anymore and your mouth was pressed against a soft fabric. You instantly knew who it was by their touch.

Jungkook.

You didn't even care that he betrayed you or whatever, what mattered was that you had someone's shoulder to cry on without them judging you. You held his sweater from the sides and sobbed loudly in his chest and he patted your hair.

"I'm here...this time, I'll never leave you." He mumbled softly against your head.

"Promise?" You asked, lifting your head to stare in his eyes.

"Promise." He nodded his head and enveloped you in his arms again.

Merely seconds would've past when you both heard a howling in the distance, but it was coming closer and closer. Now, it was too late to run. You looked at Jungkook with shaky eyes and he held your hands tightly. "Hold tight. Trust me."

You could see stars in his eyes when he said that, his face shining in the moonlight. His beautiful lashes acting as a roof on his doe shaped eyes and his plump lips looked so kissable. He looked so perfect, as always. You had this sudden urge to kiss him and ruin his already messy hair with your hands.

But you held it back, held it all back...because you knew you'll get to do this after all of this is over. And you were determined to get everyone out alive, no matter what. Even if it costs you your own life.

You took a deep breath and tightened your hand around him and in nanoseconds you were in an unfamiliar place. You furrowed your eyebrows as you looked at an amusement park that was in front of you...an abandoned one. Majority of the rides were broken and a bunch of crows sat on them.

It almost looked spooky.

"Why did you bring me here?" You questioned, your voice low from cold and fear.

"You'll find out."

"Where is this located?"

"A few miles away from where the forest ends. Just know that you are far away from the lake house, way far."

"Forest ends? What a weird place for setting up an amusement park."

"Uh-huh."

You both walked, hand-in-hand seeing each and every inch of that abandoned amusement park. The silence between you both was deafening. It was bound to be awkward, he had betrayed you and just now discovered that your best friend was dead and you were fighting for your life. There was literally no way that you could muster up the courage to talk about your relationship.

The merry-go-round creaked and produced an unpleasant sound, making you both stop dead in your tracks. You both shared a look and he ushered you to stand behind him. He moved forward, eyes set fiercely in the direction of the ride.

As you both approached it, you saw nothing. Jungkook considered that it was probably just the wind so he pulled you away but you pressed your hand on his forearms, halting him. "Wait."

You moved to one of the seats of the ride which had a horse face on it and Jungkook moved along, mumbling, "What is it?"

You picked a very small metallic piece of a chain and kept it on your palm. "Look at this. This- this is a chain," Your voice cracked but you continued. "She wore it the day she disappeared."

"But this leads to the entrance of Hell. That means...."

"She was brought here by the one and only Xaevien."

You heard a chuckle and you turned around to see the Devil, smiling smugly at you. "Damn right you are, m'lady."

A/N: gise gimme some ideas like im literally blank and i have to finish this asap cos im working on another one too😭😭